Restarting a new reconciliation

Options
Socj
Socj Member ✭✭
I am new to Quicken, my father started the reconciliation process on an account, let's say ending on Oct 14. However, I want to reconcile with the end date Sept 23.

When I click reconcile normally it asks me for the statement end date. But it is just going straight to the reconciliation window and has all the transaction from Sept 23, to Oct 14.

How can I restart the reconciliation process so that I can choose a different end date to reconcile the account.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It sounds like to me you have two different problems.  One is that it is setup to reconcile to the online balance without asking.  And the second is that some of the month that you want to reconcile has already had some of the transactions reconciled.

For the first problem.  Right click on the account in the account bar and select Edit/Delete account.  And then select the Online Services tab.  At the bottom of that dialog this is a checkbox for reconciling to the online balance, deselect it and select OK.  Now when you do a reconcile the dialog that asks for the statement ending date will come up.

As for the second problem When you run a reconcile and select Done Quicken marks all of the transactions reconciled (R in the Clr column) that were in the reconcile window and were marked cleared (green checkmark).

So, to "reverse" a reconcile you need to change the Clr status of all the transactions you want to have in the reconcile from R to c.

You can change multiple transactions Clr status at once by first selecting them and then right clicking and selecting Reconcile status -> Cleared.

Quicken uses the standard Windows selection method.  For a group, click on the first transaction and then hold down the shift key and click on the last one.  You can toggle the selection of a given transaction by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking on the transaction.

As a shortcut on the last click you can right click instead of left click and it will do the selection and bring up the context menu at the same time.  Example:  Left click first transaction, hold down Shift and right click last transaction.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You say "started" which leads me to believe that he never finished the reconciliation so that window is still opening so the reconciliation can be continued. Click the "cancel" button in the reconcile window and when you receive the prompt, "Do you want to close the reconcile window without saving your work?" select "yes".  You can then start over by changing the statement ending date to September 23.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It sounds like to me you have two different problems.  One is that it is setup to reconcile to the online balance without asking.  And the second is that some of the month that you want to reconcile has already had some of the transactions reconciled.

For the first problem.  Right click on the account in the account bar and select Edit/Delete account.  And then select the Online Services tab.  At the bottom of that dialog this is a checkbox for reconciling to the online balance, deselect it and select OK.  Now when you do a reconcile the dialog that asks for the statement ending date will come up.

As for the second problem When you run a reconcile and select Done Quicken marks all of the transactions reconciled (R in the Clr column) that were in the reconcile window and were marked cleared (green checkmark).

So, to "reverse" a reconcile you need to change the Clr status of all the transactions you want to have in the reconcile from R to c.

You can change multiple transactions Clr status at once by first selecting them and then right clicking and selecting Reconcile status -> Cleared.

Quicken uses the standard Windows selection method.  For a group, click on the first transaction and then hold down the shift key and click on the last one.  You can toggle the selection of a given transaction by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking on the transaction.

As a shortcut on the last click you can right click instead of left click and it will do the selection and bring up the context menu at the same time.  Example:  Left click first transaction, hold down Shift and right click last transaction.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Socj
    Socj Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hey Chris,

You are the man! Thank you very much for all your time and efforts! <3
This discussion has been closed.