The old way of reconciling is gone. I sure do need it back!

Options
franboyd
franboyd Member
For about the past month, one of the recent updates has totally annihilated the way I used to reconcile transactions. They clear when they are downloaded from the bank but the gear icon which leads me to reconcile does nothing but tell me there are no uncleared transactions. No bueno! I need to see that my account balances to the penny. (OCD much?) Not a fan of change and this definitely has set me on edge. I do not bank with BoA which I've seen has been having reconciliation issues. It has nothing to do with the bank. It is the software update. I spent 2 3/4 hrs online with a tech to get a glimpse of what I'm looking for only to open up the file we were using and it's not what I want. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help!

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @franboyd - can you please be more specific? can you add screen shots? I don't see ANY difference with the way the reeconciliation process occurs.  

are you saying that when the transactions download the little 'c' is already on the entry line? 

at the bottom of the register, there is an 'online balance" and a 'Current Balance" - the "online balance' is coming from your Bank while the 'current balance' is from your register.... THOSE are your account balances.  if they match, there are no reconciling items.  
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Whenever I see a comment that says they are getting the error message “there are no unreconciled transactions” (or something close to that since people forget the actual error message) I’m 99% sure that the problem is that they are reconciling to the online balance and that the online balance hasn’t been update (usually on an Express Web Connect account).

If the online balance date balance hasn’t been updated then you are reconciling to a date in the past.  And in this case you have already reconciled all the transactions up to that date.  Quicken isn’t going to look at the cleared/uncleared transactions after that date for the reconcile.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.