"Update Quotes" status dialog splash screen

Options
Mike D300
Mike D300 Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Investing (Windows)
I just updated Quicken for windows to R45.11, Build 27.1.45.11. The Update Quotes status dialog that used to appear during quotes update apparently was removed "based on customer feedback." I don't understand why anyone would dislike the status screen. For one thing, when I click on the update quotes button, the update actually starts about 60% of the time. The other 40%, I have to click the button again. With the status dialog screen, I know immediately if the update is in progress or not. Without it, I have to wait 6 - 10 seconds before the spinning circle icon appears. If it doesn't appear, then I can press the button again.

If there is any reason that the status dialog splash screen is truly not liked or wanted by most customers, is there any other way to notify us quickly that the update is happening? Perhaps a much smaller notification box that would appear quicker than the spinning circle icon (which doesn't appear for at least 6 seconds on my laptop).

Comments

• Steve B Blue
    Steve B Blue Member ✭✭
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY AGREE.... see my thread on this same topic. I liked to see the progress as my "connection" is not reliable either.
    I Vote To Bring It Back.
  • Mike D300
    Mike D300 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I think they probably just lost it by accident. I don't see any comments about wanting it removed.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike D300 said:
    I think they probably just lost it by accident. I don't see any comments about wanting it removed.
    It was never announced as an enhancement and the release notes say it was removed intentionally. I suspect a developer put it for debugging and forgot to remove it, then someone complained to Support that it was there. 
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.