Quicken Switches To Investing/Portfolio Tab After Each Transaction I Save

Options
Quickest
Quickest Member ✭✭
After I hit the save button on a transaction in one of my accounts, say a checking or credit card account, Quicken automatically switches the window over to the Portfolio tab under the Investing tab.

It will then repeatably do so (by flashing the screen and going back to that same portfolio tab) for a good five or ten seconds before it will finally stop and then let me navigate back to my credit or checking account.

Then, when I go to save the next transaction, the whole process starts over again.

Oh, how I long for the Quicken of 20 years ago that just worked. I can't believe how this company continues to make this product worse and worse, year after year, update after update.

It gets to the point where when I open up the program and it tells me it needs to run an update that I can't help but fear what data the new update will corrupt or destroy or what feature (like downloading transactions from my financial institutions) will stop working.

With that said, this latest bug is the quirkiest I've experienced.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What Release of Quicken are you using?
    It seems to me that there have been a small number of posts in here making similar claims.  You might want to step over here:
    to see if anything recommended there works for you.  Unfortunately the original poster never came back to say if he used the suggestions, and if it worked. 
    The problem might be completely "local" - some rare configuration of the state of the program and the state of the data file - as it's not like tons of people have been encountering the issue.  If the Copy and Validate (and, possibly, SuperValidate) process described here:
    Copy your file and Validate
    doesn't work then the next thing I'd try is to create a simple "test" data file to see if the problem occurs in the new file.  That might tell you if the problem is something deep-seated in the data file, or some problem with the program itself.  If you determine that the program itself probably is the source of the issue then a complete deletion of the program followed by a fresh reinstall would be the next thing to try.

This discussion has been closed.