Citibank CC-800 Error persists

Options
CatAgain
CatAgain Member ✭✭
I saw a previous answer, but it discussed doing a validate and repair...how do you do that? I have had this error for a year ... I'm beyond annoyed. I have deactivated, reactivated, called Quicken support...nothing has worked.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    CC-XXX error codes typically apply to Express Web Connect (EWC) connections.  There is a more reliable (and faster) connection method offered by Citi called Direct Connect (DC).  You might want to consider doing the following:
    1. Back up your data file.
    2. Account Register:  Write down the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount....or better, yet, enter it into the Memo field and then save it.
    3. Make sure all transactions in the Acocunt Register have a Reconciled status of "R".
    4. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Yes.
    5. Add Account > type in Citi Cards...do not click on the Citi button > Advanced Options > select Direct Connect > Next > follow the prompts to complete the set up > when prompted, be sure to Link the download to your Citi Mastercard account.
    6. After the setup process is completed:  Check the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount.  If it does not match what you wrote down or entered into the Memo field, correct it to match.
    7. If the Account Balance is not correct:  Review your Account Register looking for duplicate transactions.  They will probably have a "C" Reconciled status.  You might need to go back as far as about 3 months.  If you find any duplicate transactions, manually delete them.
    8. If the Account Balance still is not correct:  Look for another "Opening Balance" transaction.  It would likely be within that most recent 90 days time period.  If you find it, manually delete it.
    Your account should now be set up with DC and you should no longer get that CC-800 (or any other CC-XXX) error code for this credit card, again.

Any questions?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    V&R:  File > Validate and Repair file > check the box for "Validate file" > OK.

What kind of account(s) do you have with Citi?  

• CatAgain
    CatAgain Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have a single Mastercard
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    CC-XXX error codes typically apply to Express Web Connect (EWC) connections.  There is a more reliable (and faster) connection method offered by Citi called Direct Connect (DC).  You might want to consider doing the following:
    1. Back up your data file.
    2. Account Register:  Write down the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount....or better, yet, enter it into the Memo field and then save it.
    3. Make sure all transactions in the Acocunt Register have a Reconciled status of "R".
    4. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Yes.
    5. Add Account > type in Citi Cards...do not click on the Citi button > Advanced Options > select Direct Connect > Next > follow the prompts to complete the set up > when prompted, be sure to Link the download to your Citi Mastercard account.
    6. After the setup process is completed:  Check the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount.  If it does not match what you wrote down or entered into the Memo field, correct it to match.
    7. If the Account Balance is not correct:  Review your Account Register looking for duplicate transactions.  They will probably have a "C" Reconciled status.  You might need to go back as far as about 3 months.  If you find any duplicate transactions, manually delete them.
    8. If the Account Balance still is not correct:  Look for another "Opening Balance" transaction.  It would likely be within that most recent 90 days time period.  If you find it, manually delete it.
    Your account should now be set up with DC and you should no longer get that CC-800 (or any other CC-XXX) error code for this credit card, again.

Any questions?

• jungk1341
    jungk1341 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I too have a persistent CC-800 error. I'm running the latest Quicken Update, and have been through all the Quicken Support I can take. Suppose I just have to live with the error until Quicken decides to fix the software problem. It appears that the account updates are accurate, yet the error persists. I have deactivated, and reactivated until I can't take it anymore.
    Unfortunately, I can't delete some of the "old" Quicken account files, as they have old legacy information, and Quicken doesn't seem to allow me to remove the ones that might be the offenders.
    Beyond frustrating!
  • jungk1341
    jungk1341 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quick update: By the way, the "Fix It" button on the CC-800 error; It is TOTALLY useless.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    @jungk1341- Are you having this issue with a Citi credit card?  If so, did you try setting up the card with Direct Connect as was suggested above?

• CatAgain
    CatAgain Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Boat...I'm going to try this tonight. Fingers-crossed and I'll let you know.
  • CatAgain
    CatAgain Member ✭✭
    Options
    I couldn't wait until tonight...it freaking worked...no more error messages, and I even had transactions that were only cleared, not reconciled...everything is good and no error messages. Thanks, Maniac (changed your nickname) ;) Have a great day!
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    CatAgain said:
    I couldn't wait until tonight...it freaking worked...no more error messages, and I even had transactions that were only cleared, not reconciled...everything is good and no error messages. Thanks, Maniac (changed your nickname) ;) Have a great day!
    Thanks.  I'm glad it worked for you.  It does for most people.  BTW, I love boatin' and my wife sometimes says I'm a maniac (lovingly, I hope!)...hence "Boatnmaniac"!  So your calling me a Maniac puts you in good company with my wife!  :smiley:  You have a great day, too.

This discussion has been closed.