I have a "lost" repeating payment instruction

Options
A long time ago I setup a repeating payment in Quicken. This has been handled through Wells Fargo Bank. I need to change the address for this payment because the receiver has moved its payment processing. Quicken does not allow the payment address to be modified while there is a pending payment. I already deleted the repeat payment entry as part of an attempt to get this cleared. Nevertheless, every time I cancel a payment, the bank re-inserts a payment for the next period. This means I ALWAYS have a pending payment and thus cannot edit the online payment entry for this institution. It is frustrating that Quicken knows the transaction is associated with this institution but does not have a way to modify future behavior when the critical entry in the online payment center is missing.

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Have you tried editing the payment info on the Wells Fargo website?
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Have you tried editing the payment info on the Wells Fargo website?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • John Palmer
    Options
    I hadn't tried the Wells Fargo site. Didn't know I could do that. Thanks for the suggestion. I will do that.
  • John Palmer
    Options
    I looked around in the Wells Fargo site and didn't find anything of this nature. Perhaps I guessed wrong about what is happening. What I see is that each time I cancel a future payment and transfer that cancellation to the bank, I get back a new update looking like it came from the bank that has another payment, another month in the future. It is possible that Quicken is generating this in response to my cancelling the earlier payment. This would indicate that somewhere in its mind, quicken still has the recurring payment order but I haven't been able to find it. These payments made to a small time payee rather than to a large institution. I suspect that someone is generating a check and mailing it. It seems more likely that Quicken is doing this than the bank.
This discussion has been closed.