Multiple companies per subscription

Options
pschroeder
pschroeder Unconfirmed, Member
edited December 2022 in Before you Buy
Hi.
I'm looking for an alternative to myob. I have a desktop version of myob and I'm able to accommodate upto 8 businesses, with each having a separate myob file. I have 7 such files setup and require reporting for P&L and B/sheet for each, together with payables for 1 of the 7 businesses. Currently, the myob files are windows-based, but I'm needing to setup the businesses on my Mac. I have the following questions:-
1. Does Quicken support a structure of this nature (7 businesses) in a single monthly subscription?
2. Does Quicken support a single file with the ability to have multiple businesses setup within the single file and report P&L and B/sheet for respective businesses individually?
3. Can data from the windows myob files be imported into Quicken for Mac?

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @pschroeder invoicing is a Home & Business & Rental property only feature.

I might also add that none of the Quicken software supports financial institutions that aren’t in the US or Canada.  All entries would have to be manually entered.  Reckon sells what used to be Quicken Australia, and as far as I know they still do, but the name have been changed, and I think it is a Windows only product.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    pschroeder said:   I'm looking for an alternative to myob.
    Are you located in Australia ?       https://www.myob.com/au

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• pschroeder
    Options
    yes, I'm in Australia
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    1. Does Quicken support a structure of this nature (7 businesses) in a single monthly subscription?
    2. Does Quicken support a single file with the ability to have multiple businesses setup within the single file and report P&L and B/sheet for respective businesses individually?
    3. Can data from the windows myob files be imported into Quicken for Mac?
    1. You can have as many data files as you want on a single subscription.
    2. Quicken Mac does not have a home & business version. Quicken Windows Home & Business might do what you want; I'm not familiar with it but my impression is that your setup is a bit more complicated than what H&B is intended for.
    3. Probably not. Looking over the export options for MYOB I don't see anything that QMac is likely to be able to import.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• pschroeder
    Options
    You've said that Quicken Mac does not have a home & business version. I assume that means a "combined" home & business version?
    Does Quicken Premier permit payment of invoices to suppliers?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @pschroeder invoicing is a Home & Business & Rental property only feature.

I might also add that none of the Quicken software supports financial institutions that aren’t in the US or Canada.  All entries would have to be manually entered.  Reckon sells what used to be Quicken Australia, and as far as I know they still do, but the name have been changed, and I think it is a Windows only product.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • pschroeder
    Options
    Appreciate your feedback. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.