Is anyone having false investment balance from TIAA?

Options
qk2
qk2 Member
After the latest update on my Quicken subscription, Quicken is showing differences on all my share balances in TIAA effectively making them all zero! I checked my online account and all looks good there. Can anyone shade light to may be wrong between Quicken and TIAA.

Answers

• Mike W.
    Mike W. Member
    Options
    I was having a bunch of issues with investor accounts after the last pushed Quicken update. I went back and forth with support several times, they were no help. I solved the issue as follows: Check your investment accounts/all accounts (select account, right click, edit) and make sure the button under tracking method (bottom left) of general tab is checked for "complete-positions and transactions". The last software update changed all my investment accounts tracking method to "simple-positions only". This screwed up balances, would not show downloaded transactions updates, etc.
  • qk2
    qk2 Member
    Options
    Mike W. - Thanks for suggeting a possible solution. Much appreciated. However, my accounts are set as "complete-positions and transactions" and it did not change. For now I am just ignoting those balance updates.
  • dortmeyer
    dortmeyer Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also started getting zero balances in my TIAA accounts about 2 weeks ago. I was told by TIAA that this problem started in Quicken releases R45.7 and R45.11
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can explore the OFX Log (HELP, Contact Support, Log Files, OFX Log) to see what TIAA is sending.
    Save the OFX Log to your desktop and open the file with NotePad or WordPad and search for the transactions.
    The OFX Log is what's being sent from the website to your PC.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• qk2
    qk2 Member
    Options
    Talked to both Quicken support and TIAA. Quicken did not acknowledge any issue, but TIAA did. TIAA said it is a global issue with their retirement accounts and Quicken. No time table for resolution as of yet. Thanks to all who tried to help me.
  • Speed23
    Speed23 Member
    Options
    I have been having the same problem with my TIAA accounts. So I have a laptop that is running an older version of Quicken, Version R42.21, Build 27.1.42.21. I rarely use this laptop with Quicken and thus have not updated the software. I ran an update for my TIAA accounts and they updated perfectly vis a vis the number of shares and value. Is there a way to copy and transfer (or otherwise download) the older version and build of Quicken that works properly with TIAA? If I copy the file with the older software and restore it to my other Quicken-enabled computer, will the older software follow?
This discussion has been closed.