DISCOVER "FIX IT" NOW GOING ON THREE MONTHS

Options
>:) When is Quicken going to develop a bullet-proof API or connection to Discover in the Bill Mager?
Tagged:

Comments

• efay
    efay Member ✭✭
    Options
    One by one all if not most of my online Bills are saying Fit It!--keep saying their is a problem with biller website, i've been locked out, or really any number of FAKE issues. In the past 6 mos I have had more problems with Quicken than I have in over 20 years.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    srlevine1 said:
    >:) When is Quicken going to develop a bullet-proof API or connection to Discover in the Bill Mager?
    I think a bit of perspective might help understand what Quicken Inc can and can't do.

Quicken Inc is a relatively small company.  They neither provide online billing or online services like downloading transactions.  They contract with other companies for these services.  So, the reliability of these is directly depending on how reliable the systems that those third-party services provide.

Now there is certainly reason to believe that some of the problems are on the Quicken (the program) side and Quicken Inc should fix them.  But they can't dictate the API, which might be partly to the problem, or how the third-party service provides that actual bill payment system.  One might argue that they can go to another vendor, but one has to know that there are very few of these and it would be a major undertaking and cause all kinds of disruptions to change.

When I look at how this third-party service does bill paying, and someone mentions it has problems I just do "Duh!".  Of course, it has problems.  Here you have a service that is trying to log in as you to all these different biller websites, and get the information it needs, and push a bill payment, when there isn't a standard doing this.  This by its nature is very error prone.  This nothing like dealing with your bank's bill payment system to send out bills.  And the tie in for that is only in Direct Connect, which Discovery has decided to drop (but I don't think they ever supported paying bills through it anyways).  I personally schedule my bills to be paid automatically on my biller's websites, but I'm a human doing it and I have set to automatic there isn't any "submitting each month".

Quicken Inc's history with this third-party is pretty long.  In Quicken 2015 they created the Online Bill presentment, system.  This is the same third-party with the same API, just without the bill payment part, which was there, but Quicken Inc wasn't using at the time.

I tried to use the Online Bill presentment system for years, and just gave up because of problems exactly like you are describing.  To put bill payment on top this system, wow!  Now that is asking for trouble!
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • impala1ss
    impala1ss Member ✭✭
    Options
    Why would anyone want to use Quicken in the future if one-by-one the banks are upgrading their systems and Quicken refuses to update the program on their end? Soon Quicken will not be able to be used with any financial system. Quicken used to be an excellent program and I have used it for many, many years. The last several years have only seen a degradation in their services.
This discussion has been closed.