Orange pencil

Options
Ragman8
Ragman8 Member ✭✭
Any ideas on why suddenly the orange pencil no longer appears when I enter a new transaction? The column is still there and there are orange pencils on transactions I have entered recently but the pencil is not there on anything I entered today.
Tagged:

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Strange. I'd restart the computer (which will also restart Quicken) as a first step.

What kind of account is it? Can you post a screenshot?

Also, if you click in the Status column and choose Not Reviewed from the popup menu, can you make the orange pencil appear?

The only other thing I can think of is to toggle the Mark Reconciled Transactions as Reviewed in Preferences > Registers
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    One additional thought: is the account still connected for downloading? Is it possible you disabled downloading? Orange pencils don't show up on manual transactions if the account isn't enabled for downloading.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ragman8
    Ragman8 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the quick responses! I am set up for downloading transactions and I did restart my Mac and still had the problem. I went into "Set Status of selected transaction to" and clicked on "Flag for review" and the orange pencil reappeared. Now the question is why after years of working with Quicken for Mac the Orange Pencil stopped appearing when I enter a transaction? I should not have to do the extra step of marking the transaction "Flag for review". Very strange!!!
This discussion has been closed.