How to see if I've already used a purchased activation code from last year ? [edit]

Last year I purchased a subscription renewal activation code at a good price from a 3rd party vendor, but am not sure whether or not I've already used it to extend my subscription. I would like to know if it's been used before purchasing another one if offered anywhere on a good black friday deal. How can I see what code is in use for my current subscription? Thanks!

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can't see it.  The codes are valid for only two years, so you don't want to hang on to them for too long, so just try to use the one you have to see if it extends your subscription. (you have to be in the last 6 months to extend of your current subscription)  If it works, it wasn't used, if it reports being used, evidently you used it last year.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can't see it.  The codes are valid for only two years, so you don't want to hang on to them for too long, so just try to use the one you have to see if it extends your subscription. (you have to be in the last 6 months to extend of your current subscription)  If it works, it wasn't used, if it reports being used, evidently you used it last year.

• stopspam
    stopspam Member ✭✭
    Thanks splasher. I had seen most of what you said when searching around before posting, but wanted to ask directly on a somewhat 'official' source. Thanks for confirming. I went ahead and bought a good bf deal (on newegg) since it should still be good even if I have to wait til end of next year to actually use it.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make sure that you are not buying a "NEW USER" version.  It can not be used to extend an existing subscription, it has to be used against a newly created Quicken Id.

This discussion has been closed.