Opening Balance Resets by itself when resetting account

Options
LMR
LMR Member ✭✭
I am very frustrated by the fact that on numerous accounts, from various intuitions, the balance updates but transactions don't download. When calling for tech support I'm told to reset the account. At that point most, but not all, transactions download. The Online Balance then matches the Ending Balance. In looking at the account I notice some deposits or charges were not present so I tried downloading again but as they did not propagate I entered those few manually. After spending an hour trying to reconcile the account I discovered the opening balance, from two years ago, which was 0.00 when I started, now how a figure in it. When I reset it to zero the account balanced. After a few successful downloads the cycle starts again.

I am not the only one this is happening to. I see many with the same complaint of transactions not downloading and opening balances changing on resetting.

Quicken needs to realize they have a big issue with transaction downloading and get this fixed. I've been using Quicken Windows Home Business & Rental Property, always updating to the latest version, for close to ten years. It has been a great help and timesaver but now I'm spending more time with it that it's worth. Bad value preposition for my time until they get this fixed.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R45.11 is supposed to fix this, time will tell if that is true:
    Windows R45.XX Release (US) — Quicken
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • LMR
    LMR Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm running R45.11 HF1 in the US on a Windows 10 machine
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, I guess that answers that question.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • LMR
    LMR Member ✭✭
    Options
    Appreciate you help. This is a very difficult situation that Quicken needs to get on top of.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As has been suggested by some other users -
    might copy the Opening Balance amount into the MEMO field for safe keeping.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• LMR
    LMR Member ✭✭
    Options
    27Nov2022 I Just received auto download of Version R45.13 Build 27.1.145.13 Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property, Windows 10 Enterprise. The build info implies it fixed the transaction downloading problem and so far, on this first run, it worked well. I will post here if the problem re-occurs.
This discussion has been closed.