Add Vanguard Cash Plus account to download transactions

Options
Steven Alford
Steven Alford Member ✭✭
Greetings: I have a traditional Vanguard brokerage account. Owing to their offer, I recently established a Vanguard Cash Plus account, which resembles a savings account with a variable percentage return. I have made many attempts to add this account to my Quicken downloads without success (as a brokerage account, as "other," as a Vanguard bank account, etc.). Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's Vanguard's decision, NOT Q's, as to what account types are eligible for download.
    Contact Vanguard with your request.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Steven Alford
    Options
    Thank you for your comment. I guess there are two issues here, the question of eligibility and the practical question of how one goes about setting up the account to download the data. I assumed that since I was able to download data from one account that there was no question of eligibility, since it was simply an additional account--a search of Vanguard did not indicate exactly what kind of account it is, and when one sets up a Quicken download, there are 8-10 options as to what kind of account, and maybe 6 different entry points (e.g., brokerage, banking, personal, business, etc.) to indicate where the account, whatever it is, is housed. As such, if Vanguard indicated that the account was not eligible to download, that would have ended things right there. As it is, given that I do not know the type of account, nor the proper portal, I have no idea whether the account is eligible or not.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Contact Vanguard with these questions.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.