Download from guideline.com

Options
swensen
swensen Member ✭✭
Hi everyone. I have my workplace retirement account at guideline.com. I am able to download the data through personalcapital, and apparently through mint.com, but I am not able to add it in Quicken. Any ideas on how to do this and whether Quicken can add this capability? I assume if personalcapital and mint can allow downloading that Quicken is using a similar provider/functionality or could add it? Thanks!
- Quicken user since DOS version 1993

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The financial institution has to request Quicken (and their aggregator, Intuit) to be able to provide access to their accounts, so you have to ask guideline.com to initiate that capability.
    Quicken just can't decide to do it on their own decision.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• swensen
    swensen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. Intuit is still the aggregator for Quicken even though it was sold several years ago?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Intuit is the aggregator.  They weren't doing it just for Quicken, they were doing it for Quickbooks and Mint also and who knows what other groups that might want to pay them for the service.

• swensen
    swensen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. So if mint.com allows a user to download data from guideline.com, can you help me understand why it wouldn’t be available through quicken if both use Intuit as the aggregator? Guideline needs to ask quicken to allow this users to access their data, and then quicken would ask Intuit to allow it?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Two different program, two different processes, two different agreements.  That question has been asked a lot of times and NEVER once has an official response given.  The same question could be asked why Direct Connect was available from some financial institutions for Quicken for Windows but not for Quicken for Mac, once again, Never once was as official response provided.

This discussion has been closed.