Another Reconciliation problem

Options
Nov. 2022, Error in downloaded transactions; the transaction on the bank website is posted on the 31st of the month. Quicken downloads it and shows its post date as the 1st of the next month,(wrong) and thus it won't show up in your reconciliation window. You can't change the wrong post date, so you have delete the entry and make a manual entry so it will show up in the reconciliation window and match the bank statement. And quicken makes us pay for this kind poor quality software.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is the connection type, and financial institution?

Note that for Direct Connect it is 100% coming directly from the financial institution.  For Express Web Connect + that probably the case too.  For Express Web Connect there is a slight possibility that Intuit (Quicken Inc's aggregator) is picking it up wrong).  For Web Connect (a QFX file) it is 100% the financial institution's problem.

As for changing the posting date, that is a convoluted way of doing that, but I totally agree that Quicken should make it easier to change.
    Hold down the Shift+Ctrl and right click the transaction and then select Copy Transactions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • PBrown2022
    PBrown2022 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    :'( I have used Quicken for years with no problems. Currently using Quicken Windows 2018 and unable to balance my checking account. Quicken shows the wrong beginning balance. Now all beginning balances for every month are wrong. I tried typing in the correct balance, but still no reconciliation. I have been reading all the posts with similar problems with beginning balance, but no idea how to get it to work correctly. Really disappointed in Quicken.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    :'( I have used Quicken for years with no problems. Currently using Quicken Windows 2018 and unable to balance my checking account. Quicken shows the wrong beginning balance. Now all beginning balances for every month are wrong. I tried typing in the correct balance, but still no reconciliation. I have been reading all the posts with similar problems with beginning balance, but no idea how to get it to work correctly. Really disappointed in Quicken.
    Check to see is the opening balance in the register has changed.  There is a bug where Quicken is changing it.  You might have to look at a backup to know what it should be.  I would suggest taking a backup and making a copy in Windows File Explorer and then renaming the copy from .QDF-backup to .QDF and then opening that to see the balance(s).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.