How do I download transactions for multiple Capital One users?

Options
I have two different user names (IDs) at Capital One--call them user A and user B. I set up downloads for the accounts accessible for user A but when I try to do the same for user B I run into problems. I click the "Add Account" button and then select "Capital One 360", then click the "Sign In" button. That takes me directly to the Capital One authorization page, showing me user A's accounts, without having first prompted me to sign in. How do I get to sign in as user B?

I saw several other people post on this topic with answers suggesting that restarting Quicken would fix the problem but that's not happening for me.

Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have two different user names (IDs) at Capital One--call them user A and user B. I set up downloads for the accounts accessible for user A but when I try to do the same for user B I run into problems. I click the "Add Account" button and then select "Capital One 360", then click the "Sign In" button. That takes me directly to the Capital One authorization page, showing me user A's accounts, without having first prompted me to sign in. How do I get to sign in as user B?

I saw several other people post on this topic with answers suggesting that restarting Quicken would fix the problem but that's not happening for me.

Thanks.
    Hello @Nathaniel Mishkin,    

I am sorry to hear about this problem with online banking services and setting up separate accounts in Quicken. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

First, it sounds as though the accounts in question are not a part of any joint account, is that correct? Also, have you tried manually adding user B's account by selecting Offline Account in the lower edge of window that appears once you have clicked on the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper left-hand side of the screen, then selecting the Account Type and the other account information, and creating the account by clicking Finish. You can then try to add the account to online banking services by going to Tools > Account List and clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with this manually created account, and then navigate to the Online Services tab and click on the Set Up Now button. 

Let me know if this works for you. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Nathaniel Mishkin 
    Do you get one statement from CapOne, or two.  My wife and I have different credit card numbers with on card company ... but we get a single statement with subtotals for each card.  We make a single payment to the card company  ...
    SO, in Q, we have a single account in Q even though each of us COULD sign in, with different credentials, and get the info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Nathaniel Mishkin
    Options
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > You can then try to add the account to online banking services by going to Tools > Account List and clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with this manually created account, and then navigate to the Online Services tab and click on the Set Up Now button. 

Hi Jared,

After failing to create the account by connecting to Capital One, I manually created the account and manually added the transactions but I hadn't thought to then try to enable online services for it. I just did that and it all connected up just fine.

Thanks for the help!

Nat
This discussion has been closed.