This loan reflects paid off WHEN IT'S NOT. Should I delete the 10+ year old account and start over?

Options
About a week ago, an account which has been updating well for over 10 years broke. It now reports "This loan is paid off" when it not. See attached image.

I've read older posts without finding a resolution that worked. It is a HELOC loan. It is in Quicken as a Credit account. It is with Chase. The screen reports it is using Express Web Connect+ for updating. It reports this morning's balance pulled using the Quicken Online Services as $77,501.02, however, the Account's Loan Details report only "This loan is paid off" and allows me no access to any transaction register or history. I've Deactivated and Reactivated Online Services with no change. I've "Reset Account" with no change.

I have eight other account with Chase that are updating well using Express Web Connect+.

My next draconian step is to blow away the account and attempt to add it as a 'New' account. I'm concerned that I'll lose the older transaction history. Should I proceed to this next big step?

Fair winds

Best Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Have you deactivated the Account for downloading, closed Quicken and then restarted it to see in you now have access to the loan's register?  That's supposed to work but if it doesn't there's this FAQ about changing a downloading loan to a manual loan.
    As I understand it, with a downloading loan you never have access to the loan's register.  Too, it does seem that downloading loans are not infrequently listed as paid off, when they're not.
  • BrontideRob
    BrontideRob Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for the reply Tom. Your suggestion to close Quicken made the difference in allowing me access to the register and its 15+ years of transactions. While it is a HELOC, the account type in Quicken is shown as "Credit". If I reconnect to Chase the failure reappears, displaying that the loan is paid off and allowing no access to the register ("Payment Details" tab). So, I will deactivate the download service and enter transactions manually from now on.

Thank you again for getting me access to my data again.

Fair winds

Answers

• Tom Young
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Have you deactivated the Account for downloading, closed Quicken and then restarted it to see in you now have access to the loan's register?  That's supposed to work but if it doesn't there's this FAQ about changing a downloading loan to a manual loan.
    As I understand it, with a downloading loan you never have access to the loan's register.  Too, it does seem that downloading loans are not infrequently listed as paid off, when they're not.
  • BrontideRob
    BrontideRob Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for the reply Tom. Your suggestion to close Quicken made the difference in allowing me access to the register and its 15+ years of transactions. While it is a HELOC, the account type in Quicken is shown as "Credit". If I reconnect to Chase the failure reappears, displaying that the loan is paid off and allowing no access to the register ("Payment Details" tab). So, I will deactivate the download service and enter transactions manually from now on.

Thank you again for getting me access to my data again.

Fair winds
  • russellramey
    russellramey Member ✭✭
    Options
    The underlying Chase HELOC problem was marked as resolved on 12/3/2022 (see https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20318861#Comment_20318861) but in fact it was not resolved. I still had the account marked as "Credit" and "loan paid off" even after deactivating and reconnecting to Chase.

The "disconnect online updates" and Quicken restart did get me access to the transaction register as the 11/29 comment above indicates.

Various attempts at recreating the account via (account delete/export QIF from backup/import QIF ) did not resolve the problem.
  • Rmplmnz
    Rmplmnz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Very frustrating, I am experiencing the same issue with my HELOC. I first noticed it when I transferred funds to my checking account. The funds would not post as Quicken showed the HELOC as paid off. Any other solutions? Thanks! Chris
  • Tom Young
    Options
    I think the only IMMEDIATE solution is to disconnect the loan from Chase to regain access to the loan register.
  • Rmplmnz
    Rmplmnz Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Tom Young said:
    > Have you deactivated the Account for downloading, closed Quicken and then restarted it to see in you now have access to the loan's register?  That's supposed to work but if it doesn't there's this FAQ about changing a downloading loan to a manual loan.

Wow..thank you...this worked!!

I tried the register copy and a few other things...that did not work..this did it...after a couple of tries. Thank you!!

Chris
This discussion has been closed.