Memorized transactions

Options
Richard Murphy
Richard Murphy Member ✭✭
I'm a very long time user of Quicken. I remember a time when a user could write a check, enter the categories and splits, then choose to "memorize" the transaction for recall later. I know we have Payees and rules, but it when trying to schedule future transactions it's frustrating to say the least.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    QuickFill Rules are the modern equivalent of those old memorized transactions. And the QuickFill rules are actually much more flexible than the Quicken 2007 equivalent, because yo can edit them individually, lock them if you don't want them to change, specify which one takes priority if there are multiple rules for a Payee, you can set preferences for whether to create/update rules automatically or not, and you can override that preference on each transaction.

Perhaps if you explain what you are trying to do, and where you are running into a problem, we can help.

In general, if you want to create a new scheduled transaction from a "memorized" one, the best way to do it is to create the new transaction using the saved QuickFill rule, and then click the transaction to schedule it on whatever frequency you want (by selecting Transactions > Schedule Selected Transaction).  You might end up deleting the transaction you just created as the basis for the schedule if you don't need the transaction until the schedule kicks in. Alternatively, if you have an existing transaction which you want to use as the basis for a scheduled transaction, whether or not you have a QuickFill rule for that Payee, you just need to click on the existing transaction and select Transactions > Schedule Selected Transaction. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.