How do I get my credit cards from Chase to download into Quicken?

Options
RonM4265
RonM4265 Member ✭✭
The download function for Chase stopped working after the conversion after having no issues for decades. I have sent two help requests with data dumps but have not heard back.
I am unhappy that I need to go the Chase site and download manually every time I want to update my balance.
I hoped some of the recent patches would correct this issue but no luck so far. I keep getting the message I need to fix the connection. That takes me the Chase site with shows the accounts are already set to download. But they never do automatically.
Not sure what this new connection method was supposed to make better but for me it broke it, never to work again.
I am on Windows Subscription running Windows 10 with all current updates.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Cyn B said:
    I finally found this help in the Quicken Community and It worked for me- Chase Transactions downloaded!
    Go to:
    Edit- Preferences
    Quicken ID
    Cloud Accounts-
    select "Sign in as a different user"
    Then sign back in again with your user info

Hope this helps!
    Interesting.  I don't think I would have gone down that path to resolve a Chase-only download issue.  Now if the download issue was affected all accounts with all financial institutions then this "Sign in as a different user" would most certainly be one of the 1st troubleshooting steps to take.
    I'm glad it worked for you.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Have you tried deactivating each one of your Chase accounts (not just credit cards if you have others) and after all Chase account have been deactivated then tried Add Account?  (Be sure to back up your data file before trying this.)
    If the process works properly transactions will download and you will need to make sure to link them with the accounts already set up in Quicken.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have Chase - and after going thru the steps for the migration - all our Checking, Credit Card accts are downloading fine.
    Note sure what you did - and what you encountered -
    Here are the steps I used ... way back in Sept 2022...
     - running R43.26  - created Backups - ran - File --> Validate --> [x] Validate
    1 - went thru and manually DE-activated ALL my Chase accounts before even starting this process.
    2 - also went thru and CLOSED any old Chase accts that were in fact actually closed.
    3 - the Opening Balance in one acct was trashed - but had pre-copied it into the Memo field
    4 - then did an ADD ACCOUNT for Chase - and followed the directions to Authorize, Select which accts, etc
    5 - all accounts showed up with their nicknames and able to LINK to their existing Quicken accts
    6 - screen said that 5,300 transactions were downloaded - in fact, none actually showed up.
    7 - only 1 dup during this process.
    8 - next day - OSU - and a handful of dup transactions downloaded - from around 9/2/22 - and today is 9/18/22
    9 - will see how next week goes... with OSU and dups.
    All is still good & downloading just fine - 11/29/22

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Ps56k2 said:
    I have Chase - and after going thru the steps for the migration - all our Checking, Credit Card accts are downloading fine.
    Note sure what you did - and what you encountered -
    Here are the steps I used ... way back in Sept 2022...
     - running R43.26  - created Backups - ran - File --> Validate --> [x] Validate
    1 - went thru and manually DE-activated ALL my Chase accounts before even starting this process.
    2 - also went thru and CLOSED any old Chase accts that were in fact actually closed.
    3 - the Opening Balance in one acct was trashed - but had pre-copied it into the Memo field
    4 - then did an ADD ACCOUNT for Chase - and followed the directions to Authorize, Select which accts, etc
    5 - all accounts showed up with their nicknames and able to LINK to their existing Quicken accts
    6 - screen said that 5,300 transactions were downloaded - in fact, none actually showed up.
    7 - only 1 dup during this process.
    8 - next day - OSU - and a handful of dup transactions downloaded - from around 9/2/22 - and today is 9/18/22
    9 - will see how next week goes... with OSU and dups.
    All is still good & downloading just fine - 11/29/22
    I, too, converted back in late Aug or early Sep.  I did not do the Validate but pretty much followed the same steps you did.  Chase has been downloading really well for me ever since except that EWC+ takes longer to complete than DC.
    Thanks for mentioning #3...I'd forgotten to mention that.  That is a real important step....make sure to either enter the Account Opening Balance transaction $ amount in the Memo field or write it down.  That way if the migration does change the Opening Balance $ amount the correct balance information is readily available to be entered.

• Cyn B
    Cyn B Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi, My Chase credit card downloads had been working fine, however after having to replace my credit card twice (due to being compromised) and neglecting my Quicken for 2 months, I now can not get the transactions to download. I had a session with Quicken tech who couldn't resolve this issue, I also called Chase and everything was good on their end.
    What do you all mean by doing the "Conversion"?
    I have de-activated all of my Chase prior (compromised) credit cards. And re-activated my newest credit card many times. But after this step, when I "update" no transactions download.
    Getting very fustrated!
    I have even closed my newest Chase card account, and then added it again, this has not worked either.
    When I add it again, should I "Link" it to the previous credit card?
    Thanks for any help!
  • Cyn B
    Cyn B Member ✭✭
    Options
    I finally found this help in the Quicken Community and It worked for me- Chase Transactions downloaded!
    Go to:
    Edit- Preferences
    Quicken ID
    Cloud Accounts-

Hope this helps!
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Cyn B said:
    Go to:
    Edit- Preferences
    Quicken ID
    Cloud Accounts-

Hope this helps!
    Interesting.  I don't think I would have gone down that path to resolve a Chase-only download issue.  Now if the download issue was affected all accounts with all financial institutions then this "Sign in as a different user" would most certainly be one of the 1st troubleshooting steps to take.
    I'm glad it worked for you.

• RonM4265
    RonM4265 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks you. Signing on as a different user, worked. During the first update I saw new update symbols I had never seen before so I knew this was working now. It took about tens minutes to resync all the accounts.
    It also corrected other accounts that were not working not just the Chase accounts.
This discussion has been closed.