Dates altered in register

clarmp
clarmp Member
Using Quicken on Windows 10 version R45.13 build 27.1.45.13

For about the last month transaction dates are altered in the register, from 1-5 days.

I often enter transactions into the register before the transaction is cleared. For instance, I'll enter a gas purchase on the date I made the purchase. I also enter autopay transactions (such as Netflix) ahead of time on the usual dates they occur.

I have noticed the dates changing with ATM card transactions mostly, but 99% of my transactions are ATM card transactions so that doesn't tell me much.

Before (a month or more ago perhaps) the orginal date stayed in the register, even when the item cleared.

Some merchants are very slow to clear transactions. I can make a purchase on a Thursday which will not clear until the following Tuesday. But confusingly the altered dates do not always match the day cleared.

Note that I am not getting duplicate transactions. I sometimes get a new entry in the register for a transaction when it clears; this is not unusual because merchants sometimes add small fees or remove small fees, so the purchase amount does not always match exactly, and my manual entry does not clear. This is not the problem.

I want the transactions to keep the orginal date I enter so Quicken accurately reflects my purchasing activity. I have to keep going into the register and fixing the dates.

I have been using Quicken since 1997 but I am in no way an expert on how Quicken works. I do have a lot of experience in online banking as a whole. I'm aware the info sent by my bank could be the problem. Also aware that one solution is "quit entering transactions by hand." ;)

Is there a way to tell Quicken/my bank to leave the date field alone in the register?

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There are multiple issues reported with R45, and changing of transaction dates (based upon downloaded values) is among them.
    I'd suggest dropping back to R44.28, which you can download and install from here:

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There are multiple issues reported with R45, and changing of transaction dates (based upon downloaded values) is among them.
    I'd suggest dropping back to R44.28, which you can download and install from here:

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• clarmp
    clarmp Member
    Thank you!

Also just figured out that the transaction dates are changed to whatever date I happen to use web connect. Since I do that 1-3 times a week the affect was variable.
This discussion has been closed.