Is there a way to reorder transactions in quicken?

Options
Hi.

My banks balance is correct and my checking balance is currently $1.78. When I look at my transactions in quicken they are all there properly, but it seems like they are in the wrong order and that is causing my ending balance to reflect $47.78 which is incorrect.

I have tried to update through web connect but as I said all the transactions match up but quicken seems to be calculating them in the wrong order. I also have double checked that all the search filters in quicken are disabled and I have my sort order set to date. But it still is showing the wrong balance.

Thanks for any help with this issue.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Check the beginning account balance.   Sometimes that gets changed.  The order shouldn't affect it.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can click on any Column header to re-arrange transactions in the account.
    You can also click RESET at the top of the register to remove any Filters that might be changing the appearance.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your issue might be caused by sorting the register by Payee, by Category, by Memo, etc.....anything other than by date. 
    You might want to try clicking on the Date column header in the Account Register?  Clicking it will sort the register transactions by date.  If it sorts it in the wrong direction, click on it again to reverse the direction.  (Ex:  If the register is filtered with newest date shown at the top of the register and then descending from there and if you want it to show the oldest date transaction at the top of the register, simply click on the Date column header, again.)
    Did this resolve the issue for you?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• tmonroe01
    Options
    I just ran the reconcilation tool. Quicken did a balance adjustment of $46.00 and now both the bank balance online and my ending balance in quicken match. Is this the wrong way to fix it? I now see an entry of balance adjustment but I don't think that is in my online account.

What does a balance adjustment do?
This discussion has been closed.