Please fix the bug in TIAA investments download

Options
Tom K
Tom K Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Investing (Windows)
TIAA share numbers are not being downloaded. The Holdings Comparison does not work, since it shows zeroes for the shares on TIAA server (Quicken shares are OK). It started with R45.11 or R45.13 on Nov-2022.
I reported it to the tech support, but the technician was not aware of the problem. She suggested that I use TIAA Brokerage connection instead of TIAA. That solution does not work. TIAA Brokerage is a different institution then TIAA, with a different set of accounts.
Please fix this bug.
Thank you

Best Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This is a community bulletin board for Quicken users and responses to questions are typically answered by other Quicken users. While this bulletin board is monitored by Quicken employees, your message may not necessarily be read by a Quicken employee. It is best to contact Quicken support directly if you believe there is a "bug" in the program. . Click on the "Support" link at the top of the page and choose an option to contact support.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    QWin Premier subscription
  • georgejol
    georgejol Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I agree with Tom K
    TIAA share numbers are not being downloaded. The Holdings Comparison does not work, since it shows zeroes for the shares on TIAA server (Quicken shares are OK). It started with R45.11 or R45.13 on Nov-2022.

Please fix this bug.
  • Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @georgejol
    For me, the correct online share counts are displayed in Quicken at Tools > Online Center. Select TIAA for the account and then the Holdings tab. That would indicate that the data is being downloaded properly from TIAA but not displayed when you select Reconcile Shares.

Do you see the same?

• Tom K
    Tom K Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The problem is fixed! I updated to R46.12, and it is downloading and handling the share balances correctly.

Thank you, Quicken, for fixing it!

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This is a community bulletin board for Quicken users and responses to questions are typically answered by other Quicken users. While this bulletin board is monitored by Quicken employees, your message may not necessarily be read by a Quicken employee. It is best to contact Quicken support directly if you believe there is a "bug" in the program. . Click on the "Support" link at the top of the page and choose an option to contact support.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • georgejol
    georgejol Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I agree with Tom K

Please fix this bug.
  • Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @georgejol
    For me, the correct online share counts are displayed in Quicken at Tools > Online Center. Select TIAA for the account and then the Holdings tab. That would indicate that the data is being downloaded properly from TIAA but not displayed when you select Reconcile Shares.

Do you see the same?

• Granddaddy
    Granddaddy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken has been unable to download TIAA holdings information for at least the past two months. I reported this last month to my TIAA adviser. On 11/21/2022 he said it is a known issue and that Quicken is working on fixing it. Obviously Quicken has failed.

What kind of a financial investment management program cannot correctly download holdings from an investment account?

Quicken can no longer be recommended for managing investments. It tells me I have no securities at all in my T-C accounts.

I have to wonder how many other less obvious errors are now building in Quicken data. Something is profoundly wrong.
  • MaryEason
    MaryEason Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Granddaddy this is the same problem for Fidelity and other investment companies... I believe there to have been a bug during the Chase conversion that inadvertently screwed up other accounts that still use Direct Connect... just gleaned from reading the other problem subjects in the Community... i'm waiting patiently for both TIAA and Fidelity fixes.
  • Tom K
    Tom K Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The problem is fixed! I updated to R46.12, and it is downloading and handling the share balances correctly.

Thank you, Quicken, for fixing it!
  • Granddaddy
    Granddaddy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, the TIAA-CREF share balance download problem is finally fixed. I just had the first successful download in almost three months.
This discussion has been closed.