Getting Internet Connection Error - Q2016 [edit]

Options
JNPoche
JNPoche Member
Using Quicken 2016 and I wanted to setup cloud backup. I wanted to use a different Intuit ID and after signing out I am getting the following error "SSL_VERSION_OR CIPHER_MISMATCH". Now I cannot get the program to open.

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What version of Windows are you running on this laptop?
    Quicken 2016 license is expired, no longer supported and cannot be used to make any Internet connection.
    Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft. Many websites upgraded their Internet security protocols requiring newer, more secure functions which are not supported by Windows 7.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    JNPoche said:  I managed a work around by opening the data files in Quicken Deluxe on my personal.
    Well... not to play 20 questions -
    but seems like the "laptop" is for some organization, and the Quicken data is for that organization. 
    Since you were able to open the Quicken QDF data files on another computer, you know the files are ok.
    SO... just install the latest Quicken onto the laptop and open the QDF files and go...
    A - use your own Quicken User ID and just download and install the latest Quicken software onto the laptop.
    B - use or create a different Quicken ID - just for the laptop and it's organization - and again, just open the QDF file.
    Quicken will auto UNinstall any existing software - but keep all the data folders intact - when you install new version

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you saying that this was working and you can't get it working again or you can't set it it now?
    Intuit hasn't owned Quicken for several years and Quicken Backup ceased to exist about that time, there is NO cloud based Quicken Backup capability with the currently supported versions of Quicken and definitely not with Quicken 2016.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• JNPoche
    JNPoche Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it was working. I just toke over this laptop with the 2016 Quicken software installed. Never could connect and kept getting error. I'm about to upgrade and I am sure that will make all the issues go away. I managed a work around by opening the data files in Quicken Deluxe on my personal.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    What version of Windows are you running on this laptop?
    Quicken 2016 license is expired, no longer supported and cannot be used to make any Internet connection.
    Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft. Many websites upgraded their Internet security protocols requiring newer, more secure functions which are not supported by Windows 7.
  • JNPoche
    JNPoche Member
    Options
    Windows 10. I am updating the Quicken to the latest version of Deluxe. Cleaning up the computer since the previous user wasn't really keeping everything up to date. I'll completely uninstall the existing version and start from scratch. Hopefully a clean install will fix all my woes. Well maybe the laptop's woes. Thanks,
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    JNPoche said:  I managed a work around by opening the data files in Quicken Deluxe on my personal.
    Well... not to play 20 questions -
    but seems like the "laptop" is for some organization, and the Quicken data is for that organization. 
    Since you were able to open the Quicken QDF data files on another computer, you know the files are ok.
    SO... just install the latest Quicken onto the laptop and open the QDF files and go...
    A - use your own Quicken User ID and just download and install the latest Quicken software onto the laptop.
    B - use or create a different Quicken ID - just for the laptop and it's organization - and again, just open the QDF file.
    Quicken will auto UNinstall any existing software - but keep all the data folders intact - when you install new version

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• JNPoche
    JNPoche Member
    Options
    Thanks. That's exactly what I did. Appears the QDF file had an email account associated with it that no longer existed and was causing issues. Also found some connection settings that were preventing connections to Quicken. Finally got everything resolved after some trial and error. Thanks everyone for responding.
This discussion has been closed.