mac data for 5 years after recent quicken upgrade

Options
txlili
txlili Member
:o went to check some financial info tonight only to find all my quicken files were only to 2017. i have used quicken for well over a decade. this has never happened. i recently paid my annual fee & accepted their latest update offer (which is almost every time i open quicken - i rarely accept it). this missing data happened after that update. i got one account to update to 2022 but it using some categories that i haven't used for over 3 years. no deposits shown. i MANUALLY enter data - not from a banking institution download. help! needless to say, this has ruined my day & i see HOURS/DAYS of work ahead of me if it's even possible to reconstruct 5 years.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I don't think this is the issue, but check that the date filter at the top of the register(s) says All Dates.

But is sounds like you may have somehow opened an older file. If you have not changed it, your file is stored at the default location: 

/Users/(your username)/Library/Application Support/Quicken/Documents

Check there to see if there's a more recent file. To access your Library folder, click the Go menu in the Finder while holding down the Option key.

If you don't find it there, try doing a spotlight/file search for ".quicken".
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I agree with @RickO that it's likely that Quicken lost its setting for your most recently-used file, and simply opened whichever data file it came to first, which was a 5-year old file. In addition to looking for your current .quicken data file, you should also be able to restore your most recent .quickenbackup file. The default location is similar to the above:
    /Users/(your username)/Library/Application Support/Quicken/Backups/Automatic Backups

Unless you have turned off automatic backups, Quicken generates a backup each time you quit the program. Additionally, it automatically makes a backup each time you install a new version, so at the least, you should find "
    BACKUP (Pre-Update) - (your data file name)" in this folder.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.