Home-Main view: Hidden accounts show. No flag for downloaded transactions

ESCSM
ESCSM Member ✭✭
Version R45.13
Build 27.1. 45.33
Windows

In the Home-Main view:
I do not want to see Closed or Hidden accounts
I'd like to see a flag (or other indicator) when there are unreconciled transactions in an account

How can I do these two things?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓
    To not see Closed or Hidden Accounts:  For each of the different views on the Main tab you should see a Gear icon at the top right corner.  Click on that Gear icon, then click on Accounts and then click on Custom.  You will get a popup that allows you to select/deselect accounts for that view.  When done, click on OK.
    To flag Unreconciled transactions in an account:  I don't know of any way to simply have them flagged but here are a few suggestions which might assist you on this matter.:
    1)  Set up a customized Banking Transactions report: 
    • Date Range = Earliest to Date
    • Subtotal = Account
    • Sort By = Account/Date
    • Then click on the upper right Gear icon to open the report's Customize popup and on the Advanced tab uncheck the box for Reconciled followed by clicking on OK.  Now you will have a report that will show only Uncleared and Cleared, but not yet Reconciled, transactions for every account and by account.  Save the report (click on the floppy disc icon at the top right of the report) and give it a unique name.
    • You can then access this report by going to Reports > My Reports.
    • Or you can add this report to the Toolbar:  Right click on the Toolbar > Customize Toolbar > Add or Remove Saved Reports > check the box for that Saved Report > OK > Done.  This will add an icon to the Toolbar so all you have to do is click on that icon and the report will open.  It will automatically update with the latest transactions information per the customizations noted above so you can quickly see where you have transactions that have not yet been Reconciled.
    2)  Do you have your Preferences set to automatically enter transactions into the register?  If so, turn that off (Edit > Preferences > Downloaded transactions > uncheck the boxes for "Automatically add to banking registers" and "Automatically add to investment transaction lists").  With these turned off, there will be flags to the left of the Account Names in the Account Bar on the left side of the screen when there are newly downloaded transactions to be reviewed/reconciled.
    3)  Reconcile your account(s).  Reconciliation will identify transactions that have been cleared but not yet Reconciled.  They will also identify transactions that have been entered but not yet Cleared.  I've set up my accounts to automatically run Reconcile to Online Balance after every time there are new transactions that are downloaded.  If the reconciliation process cannot be completed, you will be given the opportunity to review each of the Uncleared and Cleared (but not yet Reconciled) transactions so you can troubleshoot and resolve them.

Did this answer your questions?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓
    To not see Closed or Hidden Accounts:  For each of the different views on the Main tab you should see a Gear icon at the top right corner.  Click on that Gear icon, then click on Accounts and then click on Custom.  You will get a popup that allows you to select/deselect accounts for that view.  When done, click on OK.
    To flag Unreconciled transactions in an account:  I don't know of any way to simply have them flagged but here are a few suggestions which might assist you on this matter.:
    1)  Set up a customized Banking Transactions report: 
    • Date Range = Earliest to Date
    • Subtotal = Account
    • Sort By = Account/Date
    • Then click on the upper right Gear icon to open the report's Customize popup and on the Advanced tab uncheck the box for Reconciled followed by clicking on OK.  Now you will have a report that will show only Uncleared and Cleared, but not yet Reconciled, transactions for every account and by account.  Save the report (click on the floppy disc icon at the top right of the report) and give it a unique name.
    • You can then access this report by going to Reports > My Reports.
    • Or you can add this report to the Toolbar:  Right click on the Toolbar > Customize Toolbar > Add or Remove Saved Reports > check the box for that Saved Report > OK > Done.  This will add an icon to the Toolbar so all you have to do is click on that icon and the report will open.  It will automatically update with the latest transactions information per the customizations noted above so you can quickly see where you have transactions that have not yet been Reconciled.
    2)  Do you have your Preferences set to automatically enter transactions into the register?  If so, turn that off (Edit > Preferences > Downloaded transactions > uncheck the boxes for "Automatically add to banking registers" and "Automatically add to investment transaction lists").  With these turned off, there will be flags to the left of the Account Names in the Account Bar on the left side of the screen when there are newly downloaded transactions to be reviewed/reconciled.
    3)  Reconcile your account(s).  Reconciliation will identify transactions that have been cleared but not yet Reconciled.  They will also identify transactions that have been entered but not yet Cleared.  I've set up my accounts to automatically run Reconcile to Online Balance after every time there are new transactions that are downloaded.  If the reconciliation process cannot be completed, you will be given the opportunity to review each of the Uncleared and Cleared (but not yet Reconciled) transactions so you can troubleshoot and resolve them.

Did this answer your questions?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• ESCSM
    ESCSM Member ✭✭
    Thank you Boatmaniac! I appreciate your help.
This discussion has been closed.