Lifetime Planner: why am I stuck working in window that cant be resized? It been this way forever

Options
syork
syork Member
Lifetime Planner: why am I stuck working in window that cant be resized? It been this way forever

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which specific window(s) are you having problems with and what's the nature of the problem?
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Is your subscription expired or still active?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    What screen resolution and text magnification factor are you using?
    Quicken System requirements: 1024x768 or higher screen resolution, 1280x1024 minimum for Large Fonts settings

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are many windows in the Lifetime planner that can't be resized.  Some of them are actually dialogs that they didn't make resizable and then there are the original windows that are "web pages" and they were never resizable.  This true of the Lifetime planner, the tax planner, and I believe form in Home & Business. The "What If" window is an example of this.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Two words: lazy programming.
    I used to design & program GUIs back in the 20th century. Making windows resizable is not rocket science, but it does require some thought to design and implement. When windows resize, the contents need to change size in an intuitive and useful manner. Which elements of the window should change size and in what proportion, and which elements should stay the same size? And how does the GUI tool kit being used support such changes to the geometry?
    Some programmers, rather than making the effort to figure out how to accomplish this properly, simply don't bother to do it and you end up with a non-resizable window.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.