Bank of America-All Other States Reauthorize Request

robkunz1
robkunz1 Member ✭✭
Before a One Step Update (and starting recently), Quicken asks me to Reauthorize a Bank of America-All Other States account. However, this account has been closed in Quicken since 2006. I can't and don't want to reauthorize it but Quicken only allows me to "Remind me next time" instead of skipping altogether.

In the One Step Update Settings windows, that Bank of America account is listed but is not checked. I can find no way to delete it or otherwise remove it from One Step Update.

How do I stop Quicken from asking me to reauthorize?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    robkunz1 said:
    Before a One Step Update (and starting recently), Quicken asks me to Reauthorize a Bank of America-All Other States account. However, this account has been closed in Quicken since 2006. I can't and don't want to reauthorize it but Quicken only allows me to "Remind me next time" instead of skipping altogether.

In the One Step Update Settings windows, that Bank of America account is listed but is not checked. I can find no way to delete it or otherwise remove it from One Step Update.

How do I stop Quicken from asking me to reauthorize?
    Hello @robkunz1,     

I am sorry to hear about this issue with continual reauthorization requests. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

In this case, it will be necessary to reach out to Quicken Support. You should be able to do this with the link provided here. They will need to document and troubleshoot this issue in greater details with the resources and tools uniquely available to them.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you "closed" the BofA account in Quicken did you simply note that it is closed or did you go through the account closing process?  The account closing process should have removed it from OSU Settings.  You can check by going to Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Display Options tab:  If you see a button for Close Account, click on it.  That will permanently close the account and permanently break all online services connections.  The account data, however, will be preserved so you will have access to all of that, both in the Account Register and in reports.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• robkunz1
    robkunz1 Member ✭✭
    Yes, it was closed in Quicken in 2006 and Quicken shows it as closed.
  • robkunz1
    robkunz1 Member ✭✭
    Per Quicken Jared, I contacted Quicken Support and was told to do the below. However, all this did was deactivate my current Bank of America accounts. It did NOTHING to solve the problem of Quicken trying to reauthorize an account that it KNOWS is closed.

Ok the first thing that you have to do is, SIGN OUT from quicken and then SIGN IN AGAIN with this process Go to the Edit menu > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts and click the "Sign in as a different user" link on the right side of the window. In the dialogue window that opens, type "yes" in the box to confirm you want to sign out. THEN you have to DEACTIVATE ALL the chase accounts and then reactivate the main account with these steps on this link https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-and-reactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    @robkunz1 - What the Quicken Support person told you is probably what my next response would have been.  The issue as I understand it is not with Quicken but with BofA.  During the reathorization process they (BofA) will let you know they have data available for accounts you currently have and have had with them...even ones that hvae been closed out for years.  Quicken won't know that this closed account is the one you had already closed out previously in Quicken (because it is a closed account so Quicken would not have any of the previous connection data for it) and you will have no way to connect the download with that old account in Quicken (again, because it is a closed account). 
    What Quicken should do during the online services set up process (or reauthorization process) is to give you the option to Ignore that old account (so it does not try to download again in the future) or to Add it as a new account which is not what you want. 
    At least, that is what should be happening.  If that is not happening as I've described please let us know.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.