cannot copy MiscInc or MiscExp transactions

rverhoeve
rverhoeve Member ✭✭
Working with Quicken 2016 (R40.23) on Windows on the Canadian version. In investment accounts, I cannot copy/paste MiscExp or MiscInc transactions. All other transactions that I use copy/paste as expected (Div, ReinvDiv,etc.). This is not a new problem... it has existed for the 10+ years that I have used Quicken. What I see is that the Copy function works well, but when you attempt to Paste, the Paste option is 'greyed out' in the Win dropdown. Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V do not perform the function either. What is it about these transactions that are not 'copy-able'?
I don't see a solution or help, when I searching in the Community? thanks.

Comments

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken 2016 is an unsupported version.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well, it hasn't changed in the newest/Subscription versions either, at least from the register.

Duplicating these transactions is possible in the new Edit Multiple Transactions window.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Arctic Hare
    I can readily copy a MiscExp investment transaction using "Copy Transaction" and "Paste Transaction". Works without issue in the current Canadian (H&B) version (R45.18). See the image pasted below, the lower one is a copy/paste of the upper one. I used the right click "Copy Transaction", right click "Paste Transaction" functions.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think the account type matters.  I tried this in a broker account, and it copied with no problem.  I tried it in my IRA/retirement account, and it wouldn't show the paste menu item.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Arctic Hare
    Chris_QPW said:
    I think the account type matters.  I tried this in a broker account, and it copied with no problem.  I tried it in my IRA/retirement account, and it wouldn't show the paste menu item.
    If the OP lets us know which account type they are using, I will test it in the Canadian version.
  • rverhoeve
    rverhoeve Member ✭✭
    update: I am using the Canadian Quicken Deluxe version R40.23 Build 27.1.40.23 under subscription. and yes, i am trying to do this copy/paste in my RRSP accounts. thanks, all
  • Arctic Hare
    rverhoeve said:
    update: I am using the Canadian Quicken Deluxe version R40.23 Build 27.1.40.23 under subscription. and yes, i am trying to do this copy/paste in my RRSP accounts. thanks, all
    That version of Quicken was released in May of 2022. There have been at least five releases since then. I suggest you run the Mondo patch and then see if the problem persists --> https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
  • rverhoeve
    rverhoeve Member ✭✭
    update: i am now on R45.18 Build 27.1.45.18. Results for copy/paste are still failing as described earlier in this post. thanks, all.
  • Arctic Hare
    rverhoeve said:
    update: i am now on R45.18 Build 27.1.45.18. Results for copy/paste are still failing as described earlier in this post. thanks, all.
    Chris_qpw is correct. The behaviour does depend on account type. Copy/paste a transaction works fine if account type is brokerage, but the paste option is greyed out if account type is RRSP (I just tested a new RRSP account with the complete investing option, not the single MF option).

I suppose I had not encountered this earlier because I always chose "Brokerage" type instead of "RRSP" type. It is not evident to me what advantage would be afforded by choosing RRSP rather than Brokerage. Thoughts on this? Brokerage has worked fine for me.
  • rverhoeve
    rverhoeve Member ✭✭
    so, what are the next steps here? does this get on the Quicken worklist to be fixed ? thanks.
  • Arctic Hare
    File a Report A Problem from the Help menu AND contact Quicken Support and get a case created. 

Based on my experience, I expect it will take Quicken a very long time, if ever, to correct this issue. You might want to consider a workaround. One workaround would be to create new accounts using the Brokerage type and move all your transactions to the brokerage accounts. 
This discussion has been closed.