How do I add a foreign currency ONLINE bank account?

Options
I have a Checking account at ICICI Bank (India) that is in Rupees. I can set it up as an online account and download the transactions but during setup, it does NOT give me an option to choose the currency (Rupees).

I can set it up as an offline account which then allows me to select the currency.

I am trying to avoid entering each transaction manually. Is there a way to either change the account from offline to online or select a currency when I am setting up an online BANK account?

Need your guidance.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Quicken Windows US only allows downloading in USD.  Quicken Windows US isn't made for online banking in any other country.  The fact that the financial institution shows up in Quicken at all sort of indicates that the financial institution has a presence in the US and what is what it is trying to setup.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Murali Narayanan
    Murali Narayanan Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    Quicken Windows US only allows downloading in USD.  Quicken Windows US isn't made for online banking in any other country.  The fact that the financial institution shows up in Quicken at all sort of indicates that the financial institution has a presence in the US and what is what it is trying to setup.
    Got it. Actually, I added 2 of my Indian accounts as online accounts and all the transactions did download successfully. Unfortunately, there was no currency conversion and so, the Rupees show up as $. My networth in Quicken went up by about 70x :-)
This discussion has been closed.