How do you set reminders display for the month instead of 7, 14, 30, 90 days

I want to see all bills for the month. If I use 7 day reminder it will show reminders for the next month if the date is the 25 or greater

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    If you are talking about the Bills & Income tab:  The Calendar view will provide a monthly view.

I, however, don't care for the Calendar view on the Bills & Income tab.  So, this is what I did to get this monthly view:
    • Home tab > Main View > upper right Gear icon > Add View > View Name = Bills & Income Reminders (or whatever you want to name it) > Available Items = Bill & Income Reminders (under Banking) > Add > Save.  This will add a Bills & Income Reminders view to the Home tab.
    • Bills & Income Reminders view > Show dropdown > All - By Month.
    This will have added another view to the Home tab called "Bills & Income Reminders" (or whatever you named it) and it allows you to move backward and forward by month.  I also like to check the box for Graph and then customize it to show projected balances for just my checking account....really helpful in managing/planning the amount of cash I keep in my checking account.

If you are, instead, talking about showing Reminders in the Account Register:  There is no option other than 7 days, 14 days, 30 days, 90 days and 12 months.

Did this answer your question?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but you can't "Show reminders" based on a "this month" selection. That function doesn't exist.

The "show reminders" in the register as if they were real register transactions already is a combination of your selected "next xx days" and the individual reminders' "Remind me [xx] days in advance" or "Auto enter [xx] days in advance" function. Once the "[xx] days in advance" date has been reached, the reminder will show in the register, even if it's due date is more than "next [xx] days" into the future.
    For example,
    - today is 12/18/2022
    - I have an insurance payment coming due 2/6/2023 with a "remind me [60] days in advance"
    - 60 days before 2/6/2023 is approx. 12/6/2022
    - My "show reminders" is set to "next 7 days"
    - That made this reminder show in the register beginning on or about 12/6/2022
    - Other reminders whose "remind me" date hasn't come due yet won't be shown
    You may have to adjust the "remind me [xx] days" number to arrive at something close to what you want.
    Alternatively you could use the Projected Balances view (under the Bills & Income tab), customized to include the desired accounts), to show all reminders which come due in the "next 30 days". Not a "this month" or "next month" selection, but quite usable, IMHO.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just use the Calendar screen to see what’s coming up in the month - for both Income & Expenses… but you have to config for which Accounts to include, so I didn’t select any of the Investments, just the Banking ones.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.