asset allocation including savings and banking?

Options
pamela77
pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in Investing (Mac)
I know that I can look at my investing portfolio, but is there a way to see my asset allocation that would include my savings account which is up under banking?  and some cash accounts?  They are an important part of my total asset allocation.

thank you, 

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    No. Quicken Mac views asset allocation as being for investment accounts. Of course, your left sidebar shows all your accounts. A Net Worth report might be your best best if you want to include banking accounts, as it shows all accounts, not just investments — but it doesn't break down the allocation of your investments.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. I guess I could try personal capital or another program for that. 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    pamela77 said:
    Thank you. I guess I could try personal capital or another program for that. 
    I'm not sure how that would be worth the effort, unless you're convinced Quicken is not right for your needs overall and you plan to move off the Quicken platform. Quicken gives you a good asset allocation of your investment accounts, and you can add your banking accounts manually, or you can export the data to merge the two in a spreadsheet if it's important to you to see exact percentages.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh I wouldn't leave quicken, it is really good for budgeting.  I've been with quicken for so many years!  I guess maybe I need to learn how to use spreadsheets.😊
This discussion has been closed.