Is EWC+ only for One Step update?

Options
I don't use One Step update - I go directly to the institution and download transactions from them. When I got the notice from Quicken that my BofA account was moving to EWC+, I started the migration process. However, I have a huge number of transactions and the migration process failed, although it did create a number of oddities. Do I have to do this if I don't use One Step update? All the institutions themselves have an option for downloading via Web Connect for Quicken 2018 and above and aren't telling me that this option is going away.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    EWC+, EWC and DC connection methods use One Step Update (updating multiple financial institutions and accounts from within Quicken) and Update Now (updating just one financial institution from within Quicken).  If you do not use One Step Update or Update Now, then you do not need to set up the EWC+ connection method.  BofA ended support for DC and EWC and replaced them with EWC+.  If you did not use DC or EWC before and only use WC or manually update your account registers, then there is no need for you to set up EWC+ with BofA (or with anyone else).

Note:  Not all institutions support Web Connect.  If all of yours do, then that is good for you.  Only about 50% of the financial institutions I work with support Web Connect.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    EWC+, EWC and DC connection methods use One Step Update (updating multiple financial institutions and accounts from within Quicken) and Update Now (updating just one financial institution from within Quicken).  If you do not use One Step Update or Update Now, then you do not need to set up the EWC+ connection method.  BofA ended support for DC and EWC and replaced them with EWC+.  If you did not use DC or EWC before and only use WC or manually update your account registers, then there is no need for you to set up EWC+ with BofA (or with anyone else).

Note:  Not all institutions support Web Connect.  If all of yours do, then that is good for you.  Only about 50% of the financial institutions I work with support Web Connect.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.