Is it possible to run the program without it constantly connecting to Quicken on the web?

billbfv
billbfv Member ✭✭
I've been using Quicken for more than 20 years. But the current version is very slow and frustrating because it constantly check in to Quicken on the web. Is there a way to reduce the number of check-ins? I do not connect to my bank or credit card accounts -- I enter things manually. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the first thing you might want to check:  Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Sync = OFF.  This Mobile & Web Sync should be "ON" only if you are using Mobile and/or Quicken on the Web.  This Sync process can take a bit of time to complete so if you have it turned ON then turning it OFF should make a pretty good improvement for you.

However, turning off Mobile & Web Sync will not stop Quicken from checking with your Quicken Cloud Account each time you open the program.  There will be some minimal amount of sync occurring but mostly to verify that you have a valid license, the status of your subscription and to identify the version you are running to see if there might be a new version you can update to.  But that should be taking very little time since there is no financial data syncing that is occurring.  There is no switch you can turn off to stop this minimal syncing from occurring.

If you still have a lengthy startup time due to this abbreviated syncing, then you could deactivate your Internet connection before you launch Quicken.  That will put Quicken into an offline mode and no syncing will occur.  Then once you close Quicken you can activate your Internet connection, again.

Another option you can try is to change your Firewall settings to block Quicken from accessing the Internet.  I have not tried doing that but it might work.  If it does, then you won't need to deactivate your Internet connection.  But then you will not get any version updates unless you in the future allow Quicken to access the Internet, again.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.