Capital One credit card account won't login (Q Mac)

BenLot
BenLot Member
For the last few days, Quicken has been unable to connect with Capital One to download credit card transactions. I was able to login to the Capital One website with my username and password, but when I used the same password in Quicken, I got the message "Server communication error" and "Institution Login Sync Error" and "We had a problem syncing this institution login: Capital One Card Services. Please try again. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support." There is an error code at the bottom: BID = 7492. Whatever anyone can tell me about this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• dewey d
    dewey d Member
    I also have the same problem. Says connection problem. All my other accounts update. This has been going on for some time. When will it be fixed?
  • ggw
    ggw Member
    Can't download accounts on Capital One either.
  • Rogene
    Rogene Unconfirmed, Member
    I was able to download until a few weeks ago. Now I get Error code:BID = 7492.
    What should I do? This is beyond frustrating.
  • Rogene
    Rogene Unconfirmed, Member
    I am using a Mac desktop computer
  • DaveD
    DaveD Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem on a Windows computer, but I am not getting any error codes. It just won't update. Quicken also locks up when I try to reset or disable and re-enable the online downloads for Capital one.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you logged on to the Capital One website and verified that your accounts have been authorized for access by Quicken? Click the avatar image at the top right of the webpage, select Security. The section Linked Apps should show Quicken as linked app. If it does, click the unlink icon, follow prompts. Logout.
    Now, in Quicken, go into Edit Account Details, Online Services tab for your credit card account. Click Reset Account and you will be present with a step-by=step procedure to reauthorize your accounts.
    After the reauthorization process indicates complete on the webpage, you should be redirected to Quicken. If Quicken doesn't come to the top within a few seconds, just switch to the running Quicken program on your computer and finish the reauthorization process there.
  • cheezydee
    cheezydee Member ✭✭
    Same issue here, same error code, on a Mac. I "reset" the Quick-Capital One connection as UKR recommended (at first Quicken's pop-up says accounts have been authorized successfully, then it says there was a problem). Still no joy. Logs show a server error code 500, so not a ton of help there. I reported the issue to Quicken.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• John Salay
    John Salay Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Error code: BID = 17410

Institution Login Sync Error
    Warning
    We had a problem syncing this institution login:

I tried to log in as directed and received the error above
  • It swirls when I try to connect to Capital One. It worked yesterday, but now it won't. I cannot connect. I have deactivated and reset the account, but nothing
  • davenpae
    davenpae Member
    Capital One has a new account system. If you have an older savings account you are getting 0.3% interest, but the new accounts are getting 3.3%! That's right 3% higher interest. So we opened a new "Performance" savings acct (NO DIFFERENCE from the old account) and moved the funds over. But, Quicken can't update or add a new Capital One account. We've been trying for days.
  • mvz
    mvz Member
    Same issue here. Error code: BID = 7463
  • Wayne Martin
    Wayne Martin Member ✭✭
    I battled with this Issue not being able to connect Capital Card accounts which I've had for a number of years. I would sign in to Capital card site and be sure my ID/Passwords were valid. I disconnected the credit card accounts in Quicken ( My wife and I have 9 Capital One cards which are joint owner or individual owned and unique IDs) then . Some of these were other Bank cards acquired by CapOne over some time. One account at a time, I would 'Reset Connection' in 'Settings' to fix the issue. Time consuming and inconvenient but I was able to get this issue working again. I hope trying this old process helps solve some.
  • beinstein
    beinstein Member
    I have having the same issue on Quicken Mac

Originally everything with Capital One worked fine

Then Quicken couldn't connect to Capital One Checking but Credit Card worked

Now nothing Capital One works on Quicken

This makes Quicken significantly less useful to me and will affect whether I renew
  • NotTechnical
    NotTechnical Member ✭✭
    Same issue has been going on for me too. I couldn't figure out how to re-link the Quicken app in any event. Quicken, please help!
  • SSilverman
    SSilverman Member ✭✭
    Thanks to @waynemartin45 for suggesting to Disconnect and then Re-Connect. We were waiting for quite some time for Quicken and Capital One to fix but the process Wayne suggested did the trick. Thank you.
  • cheezydee
    cheezydee Member ✭✭
    My issue went away the next time tried, which was about 7-14 days later. Don’t know what happened behind the scenes, but it’s been working fine since.

> @cheezydee said:
    > Same issue here, same error code, on a Mac. I "reset" the Quick-Capital One connection as UKR recommended (at first Quicken's pop-up says accounts have been authorized successfully, then it says there was a problem). Still no joy. Logs show a server error code 500, so not a ton of help there. I reported the issue to Quicken.
  • emalak
    emalak Member
    I just started having this issue this week, too. For whatever reason, one of my credit card account doesnt even show up as an account on my list.
This discussion has been closed.