Is Quicken Deluxe compatible with my Business database? I no longer need the business functions.

Options
dan ahern
dan ahern Member
I have used Quicken Business for years when we had a horse boarding business. Every year since we sold the business, I have tried to use quicken deluxe, because I no longer needed the business functions. It downloads fine, but the file systems are not compatible. Eventually support checks it out and says that I need to download quicken for business. Everything works fine then. Has anyone else had the problem?

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Short answer: yes, you can use Deluxe, they use the same data file. In order to troubleshoot your issue, you need to provide your version info.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By "Quicken Business" I'm assuming you mean "Quicken Home & Business". 

Adding to what @GeoffG posted:  There is only one Quicken Windows software and it is used with all editions...Starter, Deluxe, Premier and Home & Business.  The subscription you have simply tells your Quicken installation which features are to be turned on and off.  So, yes, the data file is also the same. 

And you should not be having any difficulty downgrading from Quicken H&B to Quicken Deluxe provided you are staying with Quicken for Windows. 

You can obtain the version you are running by going to Help > About Quicken.

If instead you are trying to go from Quicken H&B (which is Windows only) to Quicken Deluxe for Mac you might well run into issues.  QW and QM are two different softwares and they are not interchangeable.  In order to use a QW data file with QM the data file must go through a conversion process.  Since QM does not have a H&B edition I'm guessing (not sure) that the conversion process cannot be easily nor successfully completed.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.