Report and exchange rates

Options
MyronD
MyronD Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Reports (Windows)
My base currency is USD, however when I generate a report and select CAD as the currency, Quicken takes the current exchange rate. Is there a way to select a specific date for the exchange rate?

Thanks

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you are using Quicken Windows US, the answer is no.  Quicken Windows US only records the current exchange rate.  Quicken Windows Canadian on the other hand keeps a daily history of the currency exchange rates and can do this.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MyronD said:
    My base currency is USD, however when I generate a report and select CAD as the currency, Quicken takes the current exchange rate. Is there a way to select a specific date for the exchange rate?

Thanks
    Once upon a time, a long time ago Quicken used to support an .HCX file that stored historical Quicken currency rates so a daily rate would store like a stock price. This was in the core code of the Canadian version of Quicken back in the day (circa 2000ish).

But the US version never supported it, not enough demand for it. Few hold forex or forex denominated accounts in the US. A nice to have yes, I personally would have loved it.
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
This discussion has been closed.