Why do Last Download Dates no longer show in registers?
Thanks for what seems to solve missing dates -since Oct for me. I removed EWC from 2 smaller FIs (PSECU and KFCU) and it seems to have worked. (I also deleted runtime.dat - don't think that is what fixed the problem though)0
Aaand .............. I spoke to soon. After a 2-3 days of stability, it looks like Citi started tossing poison darts again. Trashing the runtime.dat fixes the displays (until the next dart), but we still don't know what's causing the problem.0
@mrzookie - other than the Sunday/Monday problems everyone had with Quicken everything has been working just fine for me including Direct Connect, EWC and EWC+ as long as I exclude the one small local financial institution from OSU. I then update that institution seperately from within its register. I haven't had to trash the runtime.dat file in a week Perhaps you might have a similar EWC institution that you might try excluding from OSU?0
For me its citibank. Updating in the register does not, unfortunately, solve the problem.0
I only have 2 EWC/+ accounts (Citi and Chase) that I update regularly. But, with all the other issues going on, its hard to identify a repeatable pattern. Today, Citi gave a 502 error (retrying usually fixes that), then I had to reset the account bc posted transactions didn't download. So what caused what? Who knows?
Hey @Chris_QPW - you're pretty good with this stuff. Any idea what to look for in the runtime.dat that might give a clue as to what's going with the disappearing last download date/time, and related info on OSU?0
hmm - my citibank is Direct Connect not EWC+ It is for a credit card though. Perhaps yours is for bank account and that uses a different connection method. Also, it was @markus1957 who directed me to look at the text inside the runtime.dat file so perhaps he can help you more as well0
Yep my citi account is banking. I also have a citi Costco card which is Direct Connect and isn't causing this problem.
And now its broken for me a again but in a different way. The last two days (once before applying the latest 46.12 software update and once after) this is what I see:
- EWC and EWC+ accounts updated via One Step Update (OSU) are showing date and transaction information in the one step update summary. The Last Download Date is showing in the register and in the account list but not in the Online Center.
- Direct Connect accounts, which are updated via OSU shows none of the above information in any location.
- The one EWC account from my local bank that I update seperately within the register shows none of the above information in any location.
I've been dealing with this problem since I last posted a week ago. I've tossed the runtime.dat a dozen times, and that works until the next the time the issue crops up, which is pretty quickly. I thought it was my Citi Banking account (EWC) that was causing the problem, but it turns out that's not the case. I think I've identified a repeatable pattern, although its quite weird. Here's what I see:
- Using a clean runtime.dat, I can update all my Direct Connect accounts, and the last download info will display on each of those registers after running the process. The number of transactions downloaded (or 0) will also display at completion.
- Once I download from any EWC/+ account, the process blows up. The Direct Connects stop working, as do the EWC/+ accounts.
- If I start with a clean runtime.dat, and download ONLY EWC/EWC+ accounts, everything works fine BUT,
- Once I download from a Direct Connect account, the process again blows up. Every account stops working the next time I download to that account.
So it seems that either one or the other connection type will work, but not both. I'm not sure how updating quotes fits in this yet, but I suspect it falls into one camp or the other.
I have no idea how to fix it. I guess I need to try a reinstall. Can anyone tell me if I'll need to re-establish account connections in a new install, or if that info is embedded in the datafile?
Oh, just for the record, I upgraded from 44.28 to 46.9 yesterday. No change.
The FI connection data is embedded in the data and cloud files. Re-install will not affect the connections.1
This discussion has been closed.