RRIF funds transfer into a chequing account

wicket242 Member
I just had some funds in my RRIF transferred to my chequing acct but I need to show these funds not only as a transfer but as income. Not sure how to do this. Please help. Thanks


  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the US product you'd associate a transfer of cash out of that retirement Account with a 1099-R, to get the tax accounting correct, and you'd specify in whatever Spending report you're using that the transfer would show up in the Income section of the report as "FROM [Name of Retirement Account]."  You do the latter by selecting the retirement Account under the Customization Category tab and unselecting that retirement Account Account under the Customization Category tab, and turning on "Exclude self-transfers" under the Customization Advanced tab.  You might have to then do more customization to exclude transfer you DON'T want to see in the report.
    I assume the above can also be done in the Canadian product.
This discussion has been closed.