Change password at Bank of America

Options
What must I do to change my Bank of America password and make account updates work with the new password?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With EWC+ accounts like BofA and with other EWC accounts see the following.  (DC accounts use a different process for updating the PW.): 
    1. Backup your data file before proceeding.
    2. Make note of your Opening Balance transaction date and dollar amount.  A good place to put this information is in the transaction Memo field.
    3. The following assumes you have already changed your BofA PW on the BofA website.  If you have not already done this, do it now.  Then proceed to the next step.
    4. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Set Up Now > follow the prompts > during the setup process enter your current UserID and new PW > make sure to Link the download to the existing account (if prompted to do so).
    5. Check your Account Register Balance.  Does it match what your BofA account shows?  If not, check the Opening Balance transaction date and amount and if they not match what you entered into the Memo field, correct them.
    6. If the Account Register still shows an inaccurate balance, look for duplicate transactions that might have been entered into the register.  In general, duplicates should go back no more than about 90 days but the window for this happening might be less or more than this.  Any duplicate transactions will need to be manually deleted.  (I suggest starting with the most recent date in the Account Register and then working backwards toward the older dates.)
    Any questions?

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

This discussion has been closed.