Why is One Step Update requiring at least 1 reactivation per week to work for several accounts?

Options
In addition an account at Schwab wont even reactivate due to:" unmatched downloaded transaction" which i cannot find any evidence of.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steve 72 said:
    In addition an account at Schwab wont even reactivate due to:" unmatched downloaded transaction" which i cannot find any evidence of.
    Hello @Steve 72,    

I am sorry to hear about these problems with online banking services. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

First, are you noticing this problem with multiple financial institutions, or only those associated with Charles Schwab? Also, are you noticing any particular error messages when you are forced to reactivate; what seems to be affecting the online banking connections, specifically, that requires you to reactivate them? When did this issue begin?

I look forward to hearing more from you about this. I hope to provide further instructions once I know more about the situation.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Steve 72
    Steve 72 Member
    Options
    I have experienced this with Citizens, chase card as well. I will work for a few days then stop updating until I reactivate. It seem to have started all at once several months ago. No error message just a unusually quick cycling of the app with nothing updated.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Steve 72 said:
    I have experienced this with Citizens, chase card as well. I will work for a few days then stop updating until I reactivate. It seem to have started all at once several months ago. No error message just a unusually quick cycling of the app with nothing updated.
    Hello @Steve 72,    

Thanks for responding with more detail about what is happening, and answering my earlier questions. we are sorry that these issues are continuing. 

First, there is a current Open Alert regarding Chase accounts and failure to download transactions during One Step Updates that may be related to your situation. You can follow the link provided here for any additional details and any future updates. 

With respect to the issues affecting your Citizens accounts, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Citizens-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same problem occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

I look forward to hearing back from you after this has been attempted. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Steve 72
    Steve 72 Member
    Options
    Jared , I have done as you suggested. No go. Reactivation worked on all accounts for a few days. After returning from new years weekend. I had to reactivate Citizens Bank , Schwab, and Chase as well, to get updated transactions.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Steve 72 said:
    Jared , I have done as you suggested. No go. Reactivation worked on all accounts for a few days. After returning from new years weekend. I had to reactivate Citizens Bank , Schwab, and Chase as well, to get updated transactions.
    Hello @Steve 72,   

I am sorry that these assorted online banking issues are continuing. Thank you for getting back to me with more updates about what is happening.

First, I want to be clear: did you add the Citizens accounts, exclusively, in the test file? What happened when you tried to add them there?

In regards to your Schwab account, is there any way you could navigate to your original data file and provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well. 

I look forward to your answers. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Steve 72
    Steve 72 Member
    Options
    Jared, There are no error messages or screen shots to capture. Everything appears visually normal. This is how it goes: Last week on 1/9/23,Monday I had to reactivate all the accounts when after initiating an ONE STEP update and finding nothing was updated ( no error messages just a very quick cycling). For the remainder of the week it worked ( cycling takes a while). No ONE STEP attempts on the weekend by me. This Tuesday, ONE STEP initiated and no updates on any accounts. Reactivated all accounts and it then worked on that Tuesday, Wed, Thursday so far. This has been the way it goes. The only way I know it fails is that the balances don't change on any accounts after ONE STEP is done and the operation goes very quick. In the past I have also halted the service and reapplied to the same results.
    I continue to have to reactivate all accounts to get it to work for a few days.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Steve 72 said:
    Jared, There are no error messages or screen shots to capture. Everything appears visually normal. This is how it goes: Last week on 1/9/23,Monday I had to reactivate all the accounts when after initiating an ONE STEP update and finding nothing was updated ( no error messages just a very quick cycling). For the remainder of the week it worked ( cycling takes a while). No ONE STEP attempts on the weekend by me. This Tuesday, ONE STEP initiated and no updates on any accounts. Reactivated all accounts and it then worked on that Tuesday, Wed, Thursday so far. This has been the way it goes. The only way I know it fails is that the balances don't change on any accounts after ONE STEP is done and the operation goes very quick. In the past I have also halted the service and reapplied to the same results.
    I continue to have to reactivate all accounts to get it to work for a few days.
    Hello @Steve 72,   

Thanks for clarifying the situation further. We are sorry to hear that these issues are continuing.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Let us know if the issue continues after making use of these steps.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Steve 72
    Steve 72 Member
    Options
    Your latest procedure appears to work around this problem. This AM Monday, One step failed to execute after not being attempted for the weekend. At your recommendation instead of "reactivating" each account, I logged out of the Quicken ID and Cloud account and relogged in. One Step update commenced to work afterwards! Thank You!!!
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Steve 72 said:
    Your latest procedure appears to work around this problem. This AM Monday, One step failed to execute after not being attempted for the weekend. At your recommendation instead of "reactivating" each account, I logged out of the Quicken ID and Cloud account and relogged in. One Step update commenced to work afterwards! Thank You!!!
    Hello @Steve 72,   

Thanks for checking back in to let us know how things turned out. I am happy to hear that the situation seems to have been resolved. We also appreciate the information about what steps you took that seemed to have been helpful.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Regards,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.