Reinstalling an Older version of Quicken 2004 XG

Options
BowB
BowB Member
Hi Folks,
I have all disks and able to reinstall the software, legit purchased software with perpetual license. Only thing I can't do it activate it as their online activation is no longer running. Contacted support who tell me they need me to purchase a subscription, failing that they asked me to post it here for assistance and one of their reps would respond.

I'm 86yrs old and this software does everything I need so not looking to upgrade or connect to banking just looking for help on activating the software I purchased. Is anyone able to assist?

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have this old note.  If all else fails and you get stuck on a Registration window, you can try the following to bypass registration:

Start or restart Quicken. Do not start a One Step Update or any other download activity.
    Press and hold and keep holding both the left CTRL and Shift keys while you click Tools and then One Step Update. When the message “You will no longer be prompted for registration” appears, click OK.

But XG is an old version and it may have expired.  I think it was good for 10  years.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Spy
    Spy Member
    Options
    That would only work after the authenticaton window. Until it's done you cannot access any menus. I assume this would be an issue intuit have to fix for any version prior to subscription versions in 2016.

I doubt this is legal to prevent owners using purchased software in Canada.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can try downloading and installing Quicken 2006 XG from my site.
    This came from the Intuit webpage before they took it down.  It is a "bridge version" that was needed to convert older versions of Quicken Canadian to a format the newer versions could read.
    https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-canadian-xg---2006.html
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.