Type In Reinvest Shows Wrong Total

Gary
Gary Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in Investing (Windows)
When editing an existing investment Deposit transaction, and then changing the transaction type to Reinvest - Income Reinvested, after entereing a Dividend amount, the Total that shows is the sum of the original deposit deposit's amount + the entered dividend amount.

The Total amount correctly shows after clicking Enter/Done then re-editing the same transaction.  

Is this a previously reported issue? Is there a workaround?

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My workaround would be to not edit a deposit to make it a reinvestment. There are a few others that cannot be edited from one transaction type to another. 
    If the need arises, create the reinvestment transaction from scratch and delete the prior deposit. 
    I can only guess that in the back rooms inside Quicken the transactions are too dissimilar and the programmed algorithms lose track of something.
    Perhaps the programming should be to limit the transaction types availability when editing a transaction, but that set of permutations would seem pretty large. 
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similarly, editing an Xin to make it a Deposit leaves the other side of the original transfer in the other account. I found this while experimenting; I don't know how often it would happen in normal usage.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Gary
    Gary Member ✭✭✭
    With all the permutations in investment accounting, it is amazing to me that anything works!
This discussion has been closed.