Will Quicken ever leave me alone?

Akiwenzie
Akiwenzie Member
I have used Quicken since November1983 (39 years!).
At one point they suckered me into going to Quicken Premier (told me I had to have it).
I do not download my transactions. I do not need enhancements which merely complicate my life, which was all they were promoting, so I didn't renew. (Actually I changed credit cards and so didn't do it on purpose.) Then they started bugging me and hogging my screen with renewal notices. They should have waited for me to find out that I needed them rather than them telling ME that I needed them and then start harassing me.
Lastly, I only need the deluxe, not the premier, although they would probably complicate things to force me to move to that.
I honestly see Quicken as an organization to which I have to pay protection money in order to get them to leave this old man alone. (Akiwenzie means old man in Objibwe.)

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately, there is no way to stop the alerts and banner reminding you to renew the subscription other than to resubscribe.  No one likes that but Quicken has repeatedly said one must renew to remove it.

Downgrading from Premier to Deluxe should not be any issue at all.  Log into your online Quicken account.  Under "Subscriptions" is where you can renew your subscription and you should be able to select the subscription level you want.  It's all the same program for each different edition.  The subscription you select simply tells your software which features are to be turned on or off.

Alternatively, you may contact Quicken Support (https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support) and they can assist you in renewing your subscription.

After you renew your subscription you might be able to start using your Quicken installation right away.  Sometimes, however, you might need to sign out of Quicken and then sign back in using your current QuickenID and PW.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately, there is no way to stop the alerts and banner reminding you to renew the subscription other than to resubscribe.  No one likes that but Quicken has repeatedly said one must renew to remove it.

Downgrading from Premier to Deluxe should not be any issue at all.  Log into your online Quicken account.  Under "Subscriptions" is where you can renew your subscription and you should be able to select the subscription level you want.  It's all the same program for each different edition.  The subscription you select simply tells your software which features are to be turned on or off.

Alternatively, you may contact Quicken Support (https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support) and they can assist you in renewing your subscription.

After you renew your subscription you might be able to start using your Quicken installation right away.  Sometimes, however, you might need to sign out of Quicken and then sign back in using your current QuickenID and PW.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.