EWC+; when will Quicken or Intuit DUMP this Connection

Options
denmarfl
denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
We have now had EWC+ forced on us going on almost 3 Months (BofA Concversion date 10/12/22).  Here today EWC+...once again....suffering from issues.  For me it has been, failed to connect or so slow I can walk away and eat breakfast....and the connection is still in progress.  Given this connection is only an Upload, it would have seemed to me conection times would be Faster.  My EWC+ connections for weeks have been real slow...my DirectConnects...I still have 4, they all take under 15 seconds.  My EWC+....takes 3 to 4 Minutes.

When will Quicken stepup and provide the Service levels we should all expect given we pay for a Subscription.  I just feel EWC+ is a complete failure, it needs to be dumped... and after 35yrs+ of using Quicken I am very close to just walking away.....I cannot be the only long time user that feels this way.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Complain to your financial institutions, they determine the connection method, not Quicken.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As of last night, all Express Web Connect and Express Web Connect + are failing, so don't waste your time on it for now.  I had the failure last night, and today when I started Quicken it even put up a message to that affect.

As for them dropping either Express Web Connect + or Intuit, never going to happen.

First off to be clear the data flow for Express Web Connect/Express Web Connect + is:
    Quicken (the program) -> Quicken servers/Quicken Cloud dataset -> Intuit severs -> Financial institution

The main difference between Express Web Connect and Express Web Connect + is that the financial institutions are now requiring a protocol called FDX to be used by their aggregators (and have dropped Direct Connect/OFX).  Intuit is Quicken Inc's aggregator but note any given financial institution might have several aggregators that want access to the user's data.  So, the financial institutions that have switched to this aren't going to change their minds for the small subset of their users that are Quicken users.

Note I have no idea where the actual slowdown is in Express Web Connect +, but I suspect it is Intuit.  And I would give odds on the current problems are Intuit, because all financial institutions have been affected.

The only other possible source would be the Quicken servers/Quicken Cloud dataset which I believe is hosted on the Amazon Cloud servers.

But in the end, Quicken Inc can't prove these kinds of services on its own, and has to rely on an aggregator.  There might be better aggregators out there (I do know there are very few of them), but I doubt that Quicken Inc could ever change over to another one.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hmm, just thought to look at the Cloud Sync log file and got a bit of a surprise.  Even though everyone of my Express Web Connect and Express Web Connect + returned CC-501 errors, the log shows that in fact Quicken eventually did get data like my investment positions/price information.

That strengths the thought that the problem isn't with Intuit to financial institution's communication, but with the Quicken servers to Intuit servers' communication.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    The banks don't care; Quicken users do not represent enough customers that if we switched banks would not impact their bottom Line.  And, switching...I come to learn the 2 banks that now use DC, they are in the process of switching to EWC+.  What used to be a great...Stable...almost a FUN Banking experience...has for me become a Nightmare.  Having to do enty work at the banks Online banking Site...and in Quicken is duplication and time consuming.  

I did complain to my bank....they could have cared less....seems many busineeses have taken up using these words...." we don't want to see you leave, but understand if you do"....   No One can ever convince me that this change was just as much, if not MORE...about saving MONEY (whatever Banks Paid Quicken for the DC Service) as it was Security.  I know this was mandated by Gov't...to firm up connection security....but they wew not old how to do it....and if some work on the part of the banks and Quicken...a DC connection could have been created.....  The end users ...us...we got the very short stick on this change  
This discussion has been closed.