Edit singular scheduled transactions

previous versions allowed a scheduled transaction that was automatically entered into the register to be edited. The latest version only allows the following choices: "Skip this one, Edit this instance and all future instances, delete this instance and all future instances"
It also won't allow the instance to be cleared or reconciled.
Please restore the functionality to change an instance generated from a scheduled transaction.
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• I would love to see where we can edit a future dated scheduled transaction. My instance is where I know I will be missing work and need to edit my future income. However, Quicken for Mac only allows me to edit the next upcoming series transaction. What I really needed to is to edit the upcoming one and then 2nd upcoming transactions. Currently, I have to let this transaction clear and pass, then wait till next week to be able to edit the next transaction. This make it more difficult to budget and plan properly.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    tarnold said:
    previous versions allowed a scheduled transaction that was automatically entered into the register to be edited. The latest version only allows the following choices: "Skip this one, Edit this instance and all future instances, delete this instance and all future instances"
    It also won't allow the instance to be cleared or reconciled.
    Please restore the functionality to change an instance generated from a scheduled transaction.
    Is this an Idea about Quicken for Windows or Quicken for Mac?
    It's currently improperly categorized as a suggestion for improvement of the Quicken Community website.
    In my Quicken for Windows, R 45.21, I do have an "edit this instance" selection when I right-click a future scheduled reminder's next instance in the register