I have a new window popping up when I download my transactions from my bank??

Lynda Pidzarko
Lynda Pidzarko Member
edited February 2023 in Using Quicken on the Web
It has a IMPORT Downloaded Transactions box and is asking me to create a new account. I have never seen this pop up before.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am assuming that you are using the Web Connect method:  Manually downloading the transactions file from your online account in QFX (or "Quicken or "Web Connect") format and then are importing the file into Quicken.  Is this assumption correct?

If so, this popup usually happens when Quicken cannot link the imported file to the account you have already set up in Quicken.  The most common cause for this is that the new file to be imported has some financial institution information in it that is different from what you had been downloading previously.  Financial institutions will sometimes do that or they have set up a new listing in the FIDIR list which will mean it will have a new ID number.  When this happens Quicken cannot link it to the established account because the established account is still connected to the previous financial institution information.

What you might want to try doing:
    1. Back up your data file before proceeding.
    2. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate.
    3. Account Register:  Go to the Opening Balance transaction.  Make note of the date and the dollar amount in the Memo field and save it.
    4. Try importing the file, again.  This time it should give you the ability to Link it to your existing account.  Make sure you Link it.
    5. This process might cause there to be transactions entered into the Account Register that are duplicates of what was previously entered.  If this happens, you will need to manually delete the duplicate transactions.
    6. Check the account current balance.  Is it accurate?  If so, then you are done.
    7. If it is not accurate, go to the Opening Balance transaction.  If the date or dollar amount are not matching what you entered into the Memo field, change the date or dollar amount to match what you entered previously in the Memo field.
    8. Is the current balance accurate?  If so, then you are done.
    9. If it is not accurate, search through your register for another Opening Balance transaction....the date will probably be the earliest date that was included in the file you imported.  If you find it, delete it.
    10. Is the current balance now accurate?  If so, then you are done.
    11. If it is not accurate, post back here with what you are seeing.
    Did this resolve the issue for you?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.