Using Two Devices (Windows Computers or Tablets)

Options
Kei
Kei Member ✭✭
I have been watching for a feature to let a user use Quicken on two devices: a Windows PC and a Surface Tablet. It's been over five years, and I see it is still unavailable. All the posts regarding this are closed.

It amazes me that in this day and age, we cannot do this without copying the file to a thumb drive and moving it over to a PC. I have quit doing that with any software for more than ten years. Microsoft now has OneDrive for all its software to share files. I have sync software, CompanionLink, that syncs my calendars and contacts from my PC to my Tablet and to my Android phone. I have two devices open and make a change on one, and it shows up on the other within a few blinks of the eye. It works on three devices without issues. Hmmm, maybe Quicken should reach out to CompanionLink.

I do have my Quicken file on my OneDrive due to my travels. It has worked without issue, but do perform a backup before exiting. My wife now has a business, and we want to keep it all together on Quicken, but she does not have access to my OneDrive.

So, I would like to kindly request Quicken to relook at this feature. I believe it would be a wonderful feature to offer. If anyone agrees, please respond with a thumbs up or something. Please help me to get this on Quicken's road map.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My immediate response is that this is never going to happen.
    Allowing 2 devices to access the database at the same time (which is the essence of your request) would require that Q have Lock, Commit and Rollback functions for the database ... and it doesn't.  And because of the age of the database and database access in Q, the amount of re-write required to implement these db functions would be overwhelming ... a complete re-write of the db access.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Kei
    Kei Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you kindly. Not that it will make a difference, but I don't want them to be accessed simultaneously. When I travel or when my wife travels, we both have access. We don't need access at the same time. I do appreciate your reply it helps me understand a little more. Kind regards!
This discussion has been closed.