Cash Balance on account screen does not agree, how to fix?

Options
Todd
Todd Member ✭✭
using Premier Version R45.21 Build 27.1.45.21 Windows 11 home.
At the bottom right corner of 1 of my accounts, the cash balance is $53,666.83. On the Holdings page it is $6,307.38. The $6,307.85 is correct. I have run Validation and Update Cash Balance with no improvement. Any ideas? Thanks.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I notice that the market value of the Account - $368,478.77 - is the same in both places.  Do you have a line item in the Holdings view that has a value of $47,359.45?  Maybe a money market fund?
  • Todd
    Todd Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Good try, but no. I do have transactions in the account going back to 2000 in which I used XIn using the transfer account as the same account for all XIns before 2014. In 2014, I cut off this file to save space, as was the advice early on with Quicken. I have been wondering if those somehow mess with this.
  • Todd
    Todd Member ✭✭
    Options
    I found what was causing this error, but have no idea how it happened. Transactions go back to 2000 in this account. Somehow in the last 3 months, several of the transactions back in the early 2000s lost the Cash Account portion of the transaction. Those were corrected and all is right with the world. I don't know how those random transactions lost the Cash Account portion of the transaction, but at this stage I don't care. This thread may be closed.
This discussion has been closed.