Pricing

Options
Dupontnick
Dupontnick Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Before you Buy
Am I the only person who has found it very hard to discover what the price of Quicken membership will be for the coming year? I received an email advising me that I would be charged next month - but the email and the linked FAQ avoid saying what the cost will be. This must be a strategic choice made for marketing reasons - but it is a very unhelpful one.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am I the only person who has found it very hard to discover what the price of Quicken membership will be for the coming year? I received an email advising me that I would be charged next month - but the email and the linked FAQ avoid saying what the cost will be. This must be a strategic choice made for marketing reasons - but it is a very unhelpful one.
    The price that will be charged when your subscription renews depends on which edition of Quicken you have...I believe there are 10 of them.  Regardless of which edition you are running, the renewal charge will be for the annual retail price.

Perhaps the easiest way to see what you will be charged is to log into your Quicken.com account and click on Subscriptions.  Or alternately from within Quicken go to Help > Manage Your Subscription > My Quicken Account > Subscriptions.  It will show your annual subscription cost there.

You can see the retail prices for the various editions at https://www.quicken.com/product-selector/reverse-nst.  The prices shown there are the monthly cost but you will be charged for the annual cost so multiply the monthly cost by 12. 

NOTE: 
    • You will sometimes see 2 monthly prices shown there.  The lower prices generally are for new subscribers only.  Existing subscribers will pay the non-discounted retail price (i.e., the crossed out one). 
    • You can often get a better price from retailers (like, Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, etc.) but make sure what is offered does not say it is for new subscribers and that they will provide you with the activation code.  (If you go this route, you do not need to buy a CD because the CD is not what is needed.  The activation code is what is needed.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.