If I change a bank password, is there something I do in Quicken to help One Step Update work for an

Options
Do I individually have to do something for each account at that bank?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do I individually have to do something for each account at that bank?
    Hello @pkglienkecharternet,   

Thank you for inquiring about online banking credentials here on the Quicken Community.

The answer depends somewhat on the connection method in use, which can vary based on the financial institution involved. What connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.Lastly, what bank or credit union is associated with the account(s)? 

I look forward to your responses, and I hope to provide further information regarding this matter.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    The following steps assume you have already changed your PW for your online bank account access.  If you have not already done this, do so before proceeding.
    If your bank is set up with Direct Connect, then go to Password Vault and change the PW for it there.  All the accounts in Quicken for that DC bank setup will then be updated at one time.  If any issue is encountered during OSU you might need to do Reset Account after you have changed the PW.
    If your bank is set up with Express Web Connect:
    1. In the Memo field of the Opening Balance transaction for each bank account:  Enter the Opening Balance date and dollar amount.  (More on this later.)
    2. Back up your data file.
    3. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate.  Repeat this process for each account you have with this bank.
    4. After all of the affected bank accounts have been deactivated:  Add Account > select the bank > follow the account set up prompts using your new bank PW > if/when prompted, be sure to Link the downloaded files to the appropriate accounts already set up in Quicken.
    5. When the Add Account setup process is completed:  Are the account balances accurate?  If so, then you are done.
    6. If not, check the Opening Balance transactions.  If the date and/or dollar amount does not match what you previously entered into the Memo field (does not happen all the time), then correct the date and/or dollar amount to match what you previously entered into the Memo field.  Are the account balances now accurate?  If so, you are done.
    7. If not, check the Account Register for duplicate transactions that might have been downloaded and entered during the Add Account process (does not happen all the time).  If there are duplicates they might go back 60-90 days but it might go back less or more than this.  Any duplicates found will need to be manually deleted.  Are the account balances now accurate?  If so, then you are done.
    8. If not, post back here so other troubleshooting options can be discussed.
    Did this answer your question?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.